Author Topic: Biden’s Department of Justice Asks Court To Limit What Trump Can Say  (Read 305 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Issue: August 7, 2023
Biden’s Department of Justice Asks Court To Limit What Trump Can Say
The DOJ is spooked by Trump's Truth Social posts, causing them to move to limit what he can say about his case.
By Cindy Harper
Posted 9:16 am

In a move that raises startling questions about speech limitations, the Justice Department has asked US District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan to implement a protective order in the case against former President Donald Trump. The request came on the heels of Trump’s strong-worded post on the Truth Social platform and seeks to cage his public comments concerning the pending legal issues.

The prosecution team is advocating for this protective order citing the necessity to ensure Trump and his legal unit are unable to disseminate case-related information in the public sphere. The legal team, in response, had asked for an extension of time to parley the matter but the request was quickly denied by Judge Chutkan who maintained Monday’s deadline.

The prosecution’s motion cites a recent post by Trump as the catalyst, signaling a post in which the former President used the phrase, “If you go after me, I’m coming after you!” drawing the line in the sand against those who challenge him. The Government fears the potential of Trump divulging sensitive material related to the case that could lead to an adverse influence on the fair administration of justice.

https://reclaimthenet.org/doj-asks-court-to-limit-what-trump-can-say
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson