Author Topic: Report: Biden Has Handed Taliban Over $2 BILLION In 2 Years  (Read 358 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Report: Biden Has Handed Taliban Over $2 BILLION In 2 Years
« on: August 08, 2023, 02:11:25 pm »
Report: Biden Has Handed Taliban Over $2 BILLION In 2 Years
Terror group is treating aid as a “revenue stream” according to Special Inspector General report

Published 1 min ago on 8 August, 2023Getty ImagesGetty Images

A report by the Special Inspector General for Afghan Reconstruction (SIGAR) notes that the Biden administration has given $2.35 billion to Afghanistan over the past two years, despite the fact that it is now ruled by the Taliban again following the disastrous U.S. withdrawal in 2021.

The Washington Free Beacon shared details of the findings Tuesday, noting that the funds could be propping up the Taliban’s terrorist government.

The SIGAR report found that approximately $1.7 billion “remained available for possible disbursement” at the time writing. The Beacon notes that “it is more than likely that a sizable portion of these funds will end up in the terror group’s coffers.”

The Taliban are viewing international aide as a “revenue stream,” according to the report, which further states that the group is “comfortable accepting foreign support insofar as they can closely monitor the organizations, including restricting and controlling them, and claim some credit for the provision of the benefits.”

https://summit.news/2023/08/08/report-biden-has-handed-taliban-over-2-billion-in-2-years/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Re: Report: Biden Has Handed Taliban Over $2 BILLION In 2 Years
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 03:17:20 pm »
Biden Admin Has Given $2.35 Billion to Taliban-Controlled Afghanistan
Adam Kredo   
August 8, 2023

The Biden administration has provided more than $2.35 billion in taxpayer dollars to Afghanistan since the Taliban retook control of the government in 2021 following a deadly U.S. evacuation.

The United States remains Afghanistan’s top patron, even as lawmakers and federal oversight officials warn that these funds could be propping up the Taliban’s terrorist government. Updated spending figures were disclosed Tuesday in a report by the Special Inspector General for Afghan Reconstruction (SIGAR), a federal watchdog that documents waste, fraud, and abuse related to U.S. expenditures in the war-torn country.

Around $1.7 billion "remained available for possible disbursement" at the time of SIGAR’s report, meaning that this money is ready to flow into non-profit groups and other entities working on reconstruction projects in Afghanistan. With the Taliban exerting control over nearly every sector of the country’s infrastructure—including the NGO community—it is more than likely that a sizable portion of these funds will end up in the terror group’s coffers.

The latest figures are certain to increase congressional pressure on the Biden administration to stop sending taxpayer funds into Afghanistan until officials can ensure the Taliban is not stealing the money. John Sopko, head of SIGAR, told the House Foreign Affairs Committee in April that he "cannot assure this committee or the American taxpayer we are not currently funding the Taliban." Sopko also accused the Biden administration of blocking his investigatory efforts and refusing to hand over documents that could show if the Taliban is being propped up by American cash. ...
Free Beacon
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2023, 03:20:58 pm »
Go Team Biden! (to hell)
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2023, 04:16:33 pm »
Go Team Biden! (to hell)
If only they weren't dragging the rest of America with them! 9999hair out0000

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2023, 02:00:41 am »
Re-elect Biden for another 4 years then walk the streets bawling your eyes out!  Repeating the mistakes of history you so dearly love to make, professing your innocence, (that doesn't exist)
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions