Author Topic: Bill Maher Slams ‘Barbie’ Movie: ‘Preachy, Man-Hating Zombie Lie’  (Read 2161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bill Maher Slams ‘Barbie’ Movie: ‘Preachy, Man-Hating Zombie Lie’
Frank BergmanAugust 8, 2023 - 9:31 am0 Comments

Liberal talk show host Bill Maher has slammed the new Barbie” movie as “preachy, man-hating, and a Zombie Lie.”

HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher” host explained that the “woke” film is a “Zombie Lie” because it perpetuates “something that was never true.”

After watching the movie, Maher blasted the director for ignoring the world we currently live in.

67-year-old Maher took to Twitter on Monday and panned the Greta Gerwig-directed movie to his 10.8 million followers.

https://slaynews.com/news/bill-maher-slams-barbie-movie-preachy-man-hating-zombie-lie/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

It was a movie, about a doll.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me

It was a movie, about a doll.

That kind of attitude is why conservatives have lost the culture war.
Let it burn.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Welp, if Maher's thinks it I'm sure a lot of other's do. Also not sure if Maher is a conservative.

Offline Kamaji

Have you seen the movie?  I have.  It's a movie, about a doll.  It's pretty critical of the rigid feminism of the past, and the most that it does in terms of character development of actual human characters is to use Barbie IRL as a vehicle to reunite a mother and her disaffected, alienated teen daughter.  At movie's beginning, the daughter is spouting the typical stereotypical feminist nonsense, calling Barbie a "fascist" and wearing all black.  By the end of the movie the same daughter is no longer estranged from her mother, supports her mother's continuing connection with her memories of Barbie, and Barbie - the doll - has decided to become a "real" person, and is excited about her first visit to the gynecologist.

Zombie man-hating it's not.

Bill Maher must have seen some other movie with the same title.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 03:05:21 pm by Kamaji »

Offline Ghost Bear

Welp, if Maher's thinks it I'm sure a lot of other's do. Also not sure if Maher is a conservative.

If you don't trust Maher, try The Critical Drinker's review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J7aJtGphVs
Let it burn.

Offline Kamaji

If you don't trust Maher, try The Critical Drinker's review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J7aJtGphVs

I trust my own eyes and time spent in the theater more than I trust someone else - no matter whom - with an ideological axe to grind.

It was a movie, about a doll, whose greatest joy at the end was going to see the gynecologist for the first time.

Offline Ghost Bear

Have you seen the movie?  I have.  It's a movie, about a doll.  It's pretty critical of the rigid feminism of the past, and the most that it does in terms of character development of actual human characters is to use Barbie IRL as a vehicle to reunite a mother and her disaffected, alienated teen daughter.  At movie's beginning, the daughter is spouting the typical stereotypical feminist nonsense, calling Barbie a "fascist" and wearing all black.  By the end of the movie the same daughter is no longer estranged from her mother, supports her mother's continuing connection with her memories of Barbie, and Barbie - the doll - has decided to become a "real" person, and is excited about her first visit to the gynecologist.

Zombie man-hating it's not.

Bill Maher must have seen some other movie with the same title.

Or, you just weren't paying attention.
Let it burn.

Offline Kamaji

Or, you just weren't paying attention.

:mauslaff:

It was a movie, about a doll, who wanted to go to the gynecologist.

Offline Ghost Bear

It was a movie, about a doll, who wanted to go to the gynecologist.

As I said, it is no wonder conservatives have lost the culture war. You are so clueless you didn't even realize a war was happening.
Let it burn.

Offline Kamaji

As I said, it is no wonder conservatives have lost the culture war. You are so clueless you didn't even realize a war was happening.

Did you see the movie?  Yes or no.  Answer, or STFU.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

It's time to take back the toy aisles from the woke!

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

////00000////

:silly:

Offline Ghost Bear

I didn't, because I don't watch feminist propaganda. There are enough clips available to show what the movie is to those who are paying attention. Not my fault if you don't get it.
Let it burn.

Offline Ghost Bear

////00000////

Sure, it's all fun until your five year old boy says he wants to be a girl.

I wonder where he got that idea from?
Let it burn.

Offline Kamaji

I didn't, because I don't watch feminist propaganda. There are enough clips available to show what the movie is to those who are paying attention. Not my fault if you don't get it.

In other words, you're content to regurgitate someone else's talking points, without actually checking out the source material yourself.

Got it.

How pathetic.

Offline Ghost Bear

In other words, you're content to regurgitate someone else's talking points, without actually checking out the source material yourself.

Got it.

How pathetic.

No, I saw trailers like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zIf0XvoL9Y

and I decided the movie probably wasn't for me.

But I guess a movie with a scene of little girls smashing baby dolls to pieces on the ground is just a movie about a doll.

Does the word "subtext" mean anything to you?  I can provide a link to a dictionary definition if you need one.
Let it burn.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Ted Cruz says a part of the movie pushes Chinese propaganda.

And a movie about a doll who wants to go to a gyno sounds like a period piece. Not interested.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

No, I saw trailers like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zIf0XvoL9Y

and I decided the movie probably wasn't for me.

But I guess a movie with a scene of little girls smashing baby dolls to pieces on the ground is just a movie about a doll.

Does the word "subtext" mean anything to you?  I can provide a link to a dictionary definition if you need one.

And now you've simply demonstrated that one of the most effective methods of lying is to take something out of context and crop it, so that viewers are missing necessary information.  You were lied to.

That scene is camp.  It is about how when Mattel first introduced Barbie, it gave girls another type of doll to play with - the rest of it is a campy reference to Stanley Kubrick's opening sequence in 2001:  A Space Odyssey, which itself was fraught with the double-edged issues of human freedom, liberation, and violence.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

I watched the full movie. It was woke crapola... from the smashing of a babies doll head at the beginning. It was a  stupid woke leftist garbage IMHO. I didn't see one male role worth reporting positive about.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 04:27:08 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Kamaji

I watched the full movie. It was woke crapola... from the smashing of a babies doll head at the beginning. It was a  stupid woke leftist crapola IMHO.

Then we'll have to agree to disagree, because it most certainly wasn't woke leftist crapola.

Offline Ghost Bear

And now you've simply demonstrated that one of the most effective methods of lying is to take something out of context and crop it, so that viewers are missing necessary information.  You were lied to.

That scene is camp.  It is about how when Mattel first introduced Barbie, it gave girls another type of doll to play with - the rest of it is a campy reference to Stanley Kubrick's opening sequence in 2001:  A Space Odyssey, which itself was fraught with the double-edged issues of human freedom, liberation, and violence.

It's just camp. It's just a toy. It's just a movie, a game, a TV show, a song.  OK, if you feel that way it's fine.  I'm certainly not going to be able to change your mind, since I didn't watch the movie and I take stuff out of context by showing the actual trailer for the movie. The trailer made from the opening scene of said movie.

But for other people who may read this, if you ever happen to wonder why leftists control the movie industry, the TV industry, the music industry, the publishing industry, why leftists make the toys and games your kids play with, I would suggest that maybe it is because of attitudes like @Kamaji 's here. "It's just a movie about a kid's toy".

But what do I know, I didn't see the movie.
Let it burn.

Offline Kamaji

It's just camp. It's just a toy. It's just a movie, a game, a TV show, a song.  OK, if you feel that way it's fine.  I'm certainly not going to be able to change your mind, since I didn't watch the movie and I take stuff out of context by showing the actual trailer for the movie. The trailer made from the opening scene of said movie.

But for other people who may read this, if you ever happen to wonder why leftists control the movie industry, the TV industry, the music industry, the publishing industry, why leftists make the toys and games your kids play with, I would suggest that maybe it is because of attitudes like @Kamaji 's here. "It's just a movie about a kid's toy".

But what do I know, I didn't see the movie.

Exactly, what do you know, because you didn't see the movie.  Quite literally, you do not know what you're talking about.

The movie actually rejects precisely the sort of rigid feminism that has led to many of the current social ills, as well as rejecting the rigid masculinism that feminism claims to be against.

At the end of the day, the point of the movie is to figure yourself out, and figure the world out for yourself, rather than being chained to someone else's reductive ideology, whether that be of the "patriarchy" variety or the feminist variety.

And no, it's not about forcing your personal sexual preferences and fetishes on the rest of the world.  As the mother puts it toward the end of the movie, she just wants "Ordinary Barbie" - “She just has a flattering top and she wants to get through the day feeling kind of okay.”

And the rigid, comical "patriarchy" espoused by Ken is ultimately rejected by him, in part because “Once I realized the patriarchy wasn’t about horses, I kind of lost interest.”

It all takes place in the context of a doll mileu, which is necessarily childish, and thus everything is two-dimensional and stereotyped - the protagonist doll herself is labeled as the "Stereotypical Barbie".

At the end of the day, rigid orthodoxies are rejected, a mother and daughter who were alienated by the daughter's adherence to a rigid, primitive feminism have been reunited, with the daughter rejecting that rigid feminism, and the only piece of unfinished business - other than Barbie's visit to the gynecologist - is that the real-life daughter's father needs to stop being a woke beta-cuck - he is not held up as a model for men - and needs to find himself out for himself as well.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Got it.

How pathetic.

Lighten up Francis don't go getting your silk Barbie panties in the knot.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Lighten up Francis don't go getting your silk Barbie panties in the knot.

:shrug: