Author Topic: Security tightened around judge in Trump Jan. 6 case: report  (Read 528 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Security tightened around judge in Trump Jan. 6 case: report
by Ella Lee - 08/08/23 9:18 AM ET

Security around the judge overseeing former President Trump’s Jan. 6 case has reportedly increased at the federal courthouse in Washington, D.C. where the case will be tried.

A spokesman for the U.S. Marshals Service in a statement would not confirm if security has increased around U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan but said it ensures judges can do their jobs “free from harm.”

“Ensuring that judges can rule independently and free from harm or intimidation is paramount to the rule of law, and a fundamental mission of the USMS,” Brady McCarron, a spokesperson for the agency said. “While we do not discuss our specific security measures, we continuously review the measures in place and take appropriate steps to ensure the integrity of the federal judicial process.”

CNN first reported that Chutkan’s security was increased, writing that its reporters observed additional protection for the Obama appointee and that deputy U.S. Marshals discussed security plans for her on Monday.

Chutkan was randomly assigned to Trump’s case after he was indicted last week on four charges. Her role in the case has placed her squarely in the former president’s line of fire. Trump has said on Truth Social that his counsel plans to move to recuse Chutkan from the case, calling her “the Judge of [special counsel Jack Smith’s] ‘dreams.’”

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4143344-security-tightened-around-judge-in-trump-jan-6-case-report/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Security tightened around judge in Trump Jan. 6 case: report
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 01:54:34 pm »
 Trump directs rage at DC judge handling his Jan. 6 case
by Ella Lee and Brett Samuels - 08/07/23 7:00 PM ET

From the attorneys prosecuting his cases to his allies-turned-foes, few who have gone up against former President Trump have been spared his wrath.

Now, in the days after his indictment over efforts to subvert the 2020 election results, Trump is directing his anger at a new target: U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan, who is overseeing that case. 

“There is no way I can get a fair trial with the judge ‘assigned’ to the ridiculous freedom of speech/fair elections case,” Trump wrote in all caps in a Truth Social post Sunday. “Everybody knows this, and so does she!”

Chutkan was randomly assigned to Trump’s case after he was indicted last week on four charges. An Obama appointee, Chutkan has given out tough sentences to Jan. 6 defendants, either matching or exceeding the sentences for which prosecutors asked. 

She also previously denied a Trump lawsuit seeking to block the National Archives from turning over documents to the House Jan. 6 committee, writing that “Presidents are not kings, and Plaintiff is not President.”

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4142407-trump-directs-rage-dc-judge-chutkan/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2023, 01:58:53 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2023, 02:07:09 pm »
 ////00000////

People compare Trump to a mafia boss.  Trump is more John Gotti than Carlo Gambino.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2023, 02:08:02 pm »
The Judge should be afforded the same protection as the SC justices received during, and leading up to, the reversal of Roe v wade.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2023, 03:12:27 pm »
Chutkan was randomly assigned to Trump’s case ...
I wonder.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2023, 03:12:55 pm »
The Judge should be afforded the same protection as the SC justices received during, and leading up to, the reversal of Roe v wade.

:thumbsup:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2023, 03:26:39 pm »
Yeah, I doubt anyone's been standing on the sidewalk in front of her home, screaming at her and harassing her family members and neighbors.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2023, 04:45:24 pm »
Yeah, I doubt anyone's been standing on the sidewalk in front of her home, screaming at her and harassing her family members and neighbors.
Agree, and if there ever are I would bet dollars to donuts it's a false flag operation to make Trump and his supporters look bad. Of course Trump makes it easy for them.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2023, 04:51:07 pm »
   Trumpers can be unhinged and vindictive at times.   :smokin:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2023, 05:18:02 pm »
Agree, and if there ever are I would bet dollars to donuts it's a false flag operation to make Trump and his supporters look bad.

Have the Ray-Ban bois been spotted yet.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.