Author Topic: Amphibious Warship ‘Strategic Pause’ Ongoing Despite Small Business Solicitation  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Amphibious Warship ‘Strategic Pause’ Ongoing Despite Small Business Solicitation
By: Sam LaGrone
August 7, 2023 7:28 PM

Construction of new U.S. amphibious warships is still on pause despite a small business solicitation indicating the Navy was preparing to enter a multi-year deal for San Antonio-class ships, USNI News has learned.

Last week, contract portal SAM.gov posted a long lead contract that indicated the Navy was moving ahead with a multi-year contract with HII’s Ingalls Shipbuilding to build three Flight II San Antonios.

“The Naval Sea Systems Command intends to issue solicitation to [Ingalls] for Long Lead Time Material (LLTM) and Detail Design and Construction (DD&C) of the LPD 33-35 Amphibious Transport Dock Ships,” reads the document.

The post goes on to say the Flight II ships are designated to fill the requirement for the next-generation amphibious warship LX(R) to replace the Whidbey Island/Harpers Ferry (LSD-41/49) classes amphibious warships that are now leaving the fleet.

https://news.usni.org/2023/08/07/amphibious-warship-strategic-pause-ongoing-despite-small-business-solicitation
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson