Author Topic: NY judge blocks new state cannabis licenses after disabled veterans claim discrimination  (Read 206 times)

Offline Kamaji

NY judge blocks new state cannabis licenses after disabled veterans claim discrimination

By Carl Campanile
August 7, 2023

A judge has ordered New York regulators not to award any more cannabis licenses pending a decision on an explosive lawsuit alleging officials favored convicted drug felons over disabled veterans to sell legal marijuana.

The Monday decision by Albany state Supreme Court Judge Kevin Bryant came after Gov. Kathy Hochul’s administration was sued last week by four New Yorkers who served in the US Armed Forces.

The lawsuit alleges regulators with the Office of Cannabis Management and state Cannabis Control Board failed to set up a legal cannabis market envisioned by New York’s Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act (MRTA), which specifically lists disabled vets as one of five priority “social and economic equity” groups to get at least 50% of employment opportunities in the budding pot industry.

A hearing on the case is scheduled for Friday.

“Pending the hearing and determination of this application, defendants, their agents and employees are hereby restrained from awarding or further processing any more CAURD [Conditional Adult-Use Retail Dispensary] licenses … pending further order of this court,” Bryant said in the order.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/07/judge-blocks-ny-cannabis-licenses-after-vets-claim-discrimination/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Can't the Government take woke Identity Politics out of narcotics dealing?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.