Author Topic: ‘What The Hell’: NYC’s Immigrants Aren’t Happy About A New City Shelter For Illegal Migrants  (Read 232 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘What The Hell’: NYC’s Immigrants Aren’t Happy About A New City Shelter For Illegal Migrants
Story by Jennie Taer •

Immigrants living in New York City are upset over a new shelter for illegal migrants as the city continues to see overwhelming numbers of arrivals, according to the New York Post.

The city decided to turn the Sunset Park Recreation Center into a shelter for illegal migrants, which local immigrant populations don’t like, according to the NY Post. As of July 30, more than 107,000 are in city care, of which more than 56,000 are migrants seeking asylum, Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services Anne Williams-Isom said during a Wednesday press conference.

“People are really upset from the community,” a first-generation Chinese immigrant, who went by her first name Chen, said, according to the New York Post. “All the people use this facility from this community.”

The recreation center has been closed to the public while it serves as a shelter for illegal migrants, according to Gothamist.

“So right now you take away all the benefit to us and give it to them? What the hell!” Chen said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/what-the-hell-nyc-s-immigrants-aren-t-happy-about-a-new-city-shelter-for-illegal-migrants/ar-AA1eUqwx?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0771825225ff4b4fa857a4257e829ac9&ei=18
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This is one of the consequences of being a "sanctuary city." :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson