Author Topic: Advocates Cheer As Gov. Abbott Signs ‘Save Women’s Sports’ Act  (Read 423 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Sydnie Henry August 7, 2023

Grassroots organizations and advocates, including former collegiate swimmer Riley Gaines, praised the act during the signing ceremony.

In a ceremony at the Texas Women’s Hall of Fame in Denton, Gov. Greg Abbott signed into law the Save Women’s Sports Act. The new law is designed to protect women’s collegiate sports and competitions from men masquerading as women.

“We’re here because women’s sports are threatened across the entire country,” said Abbott. “Some women are being forced to play against biological men. … College records that women set are being threatened. Women’s sports, women’s records, women’s teams, women’s locker rooms all are jeopardized when biological men are allowed to compete for those titles, for those teams, for those records.”

Now, according to Abbott, “the legacy of women’s sports is safeguarded by the law for generations to come.”

The legislation, Senate Bill 15 by State Sen. Mayes Middleton (R–Galveston), bans Texas’ public universities and colleges from allowing biological men to compete against women.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/advocates-cheer-as-gov-abbott-signs-save-womens-sports-act/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Advocates Cheer As Gov. Abbott Signs ‘Save Women’s Sports’ Act
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 01:12:45 am »
I'm not a woman,but I sent up  a cheer myself after reading this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!