Author Topic: tornado watch issued for NYC/NJ/PA 🌪️  (Read 478 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
tornado watch issued for NYC/NJ/PA 🌪️
« on: August 07, 2023, 07:27:23 pm »
Apparently all counties in NY, NJ and PA just issued a tornado warning until 11 pm tonight

FYI for all those who might be impacted.

https://abc7ny.com/weather/alerts/
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 07:28:17 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: tornado watch issued for NYC/NJ/PA 🌪️
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 07:33:00 pm »
I think this is the same system that came through here last evening...we had several tornadoes..wind and hail...no damage to us this time thank God
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 07:52:27 pm »
@Gefn

Thanks for the heads up!

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 07:55:56 pm »
Yeah, we're getting whacked with a bad thunderstorm here in south central PA right now.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 08:03:39 pm »
I think this is the same system that came through here last evening...we had several tornadoes..wind and hail...no damage to us this time thank God

my phone has been pinging almost non stop since 3pm. I hope it's not a big one. We had one touch down a few months ago and it ripped off some roofs on houses and knocked a tree into a car. The thing traveled down Route 1. Spooky

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2023, 08:20:03 pm »
The last couple of months we had to get a new roof and a neighbors tall tree fell on our small barn/shed and smashed it...after State Farm paid us we got a letter saying they will cancel us if we have one more claim...I was so pissed I called our agent..he did apologize but said this is their policy.... 9999hair out0000
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2023, 08:22:15 pm »
The last couple of months we had to get a new roof and a neighbors tall tree fell on our small barn/shed and smashed it...after State Farm paid us we got a letter saying they will cancel us if we have one more claim...I was so pissed I called our agent..he did apologize but said this is their policy.... 9999hair out0000

Thanks to Sandy, I cannot get flood insurance.  888cryingkitty 888cryingkitty 888cryingkitty 888cryingkitty

@mystery-ak

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2023, 08:26:38 pm »

The insurance industry is in trouble.  Our policy was renewed but our premium went up by almost 1k and our flood policy went up about $500. We've filed 1 claim in the 30 years we've been in FL and have never filed a flood claim.

Many insurers are pulling out of FL so I guess I should be thankful that we have a policy? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2023, 08:29:12 pm »

Thanks to Sandy, I cannot get flood insurance.  888cryingkitty 888cryingkitty 888cryingkitty 888cryingkitty

@mystery-ak

Do they not offer flood insurance in your area or is it just too ridiculous to pay for?

What many people don't realize is that flood insurance will only cover $250,000.00 and you're on your own for the rest.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2023, 08:36:28 pm »
Do they not offer flood insurance in your area or is it just too ridiculous to pay for?

What many people don't realize is that flood insurance will only cover $250,000.00 and you're on your own for the rest.

offered for home owners. Not apartment renters. I guess it's because if there is outside damage or water damage, the apartment is liable.
However, if my books or furniture is ruined from water, or electronics, I am screwed. Don't even get me started on patio furniture.

@libertybele

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2023, 09:36:06 pm »
Federal workers told to leave early as severe weather threatens DC, Northeast

Federal workers have been told to go home early as severe weather is expected to hit the Washington, D.C., area and parts of the Northeast region of the country.

In a news release Monday, the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) said federal employees located in the D.C. area were authorized to leave their workplaces two hours earlier than expected, and that all employees must evacuate their buildings “no later than 3:00 at which time Federal offices are closed.”

The OPM added that emergency federal employees are expected to remain at their worksite unless otherwise directed by their employer.

The National Weather Service (NWS) declared a tornado watch for D.C. and parts of the southeastern region of the country through 9 p.m. Monday. The NWS said widespread storms with strong winds, hail and tornadoes are likely to happen throughout the day across parts of the mid-Atlantic region and cautioned area residents to plan to be inside when the storm hits.

Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) also announced that it will prepare to deploy additional services.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4142112-federal-workers-told-to-leave-early-as-severe-weather-threatens-dc-northeast/
Support the USO

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2023, 11:50:46 pm »
pouring here. It's raining cats and dogs.