Author Topic: Portland lost a billion dollars over two years  (Read 524 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Portland lost a billion dollars over two years
« on: August 07, 2023, 05:40:32 pm »
Portland lost a billion dollars over two years
JAZZ SHAW 9:21 AM on August 07, 2023

Today’s headline may be viewed as shocking and depressing unless you’ve been paying the slightest bit of attention to the news out of Portland, Oregon over the past few years. Based on IRS records, the city lost one billion dollars in municipal revenue between 2020 and 2021, and things didn’t look much better last year either. The underlying reason for this dip in revenue is obvious. Starting with the BLM riots of 2020 and the subsequent wave of homelessness, drug addiction, and crime in the years following, many of those with the ability to do so packed up and moved out. And they took their tax payments with them. More than 14,000 former residents fled the city, and that’s a significant chunk for a town with a population of a little over 600,000. (Washington Examiner)

Portland, Oregon, lost $1 billion between 2020 and 2021 as residents fled rampant homelessness and crime, taking their tax dollars with them.

According to an analysis of Internal Revenue Service data by Oregon Live, Multnomah County, where Portland is located, hemorrhaged 14,257 persons filing taxes, resulting in a record loss of $1 billion in revenue.

Those who moved were also relatively wealthy, with the former residents holding incomes 14% higher than persons who had moved out of the area the year before. Over the course of the year, the average income of county residents who stayed declined slightly.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/08/07/portland-lost-a-billion-dollars-over-two-years-n569605
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline goatprairie

Re: Portland lost a billion dollars over two years
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 01:56:28 am »
What did they think might happen when they let chaos and anarchy reign? Idiots.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Portland lost a billion dollars over two years
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 12:12:15 am »
Boo-hoo!

Liberalism is a mental illness.  These dumb*sses allowed the destruction of their city.  They deserve what they get, and there better not be one dime of federal money to rebuild those knuckle dragging morons' city.