Author Topic: Tyson Foods closing 4 chicken processing plants in cost-cutting move  (Read 618 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By MICHELLE CHAPMAN, AP Business Writer

SPRINGDALE, Ark. —

Tyson Foods Inc. is closing four chicken processing plants as it looks to lower costs.

The company said Monday that the plants being closed are located in North Little Rock, Arkansas; Corydon, Indiana; Dexter, Missouri and Noel, Missouri.

Tyson said that it will shift production to other facilities and halt operations at the four plants in the first two quarters of fiscal 2024. The company currently estimates having $300 million to $400 million in total charges, based on a preliminary analysis.

Tyson launched a plan in fiscal 2022 where it targeted $1 billion in productivity savings by the end of fiscal 2024. The company said that it realized more than $700 million of savings in fiscal 2022, which partially offset the impacts of inflationary market conditions. Tyson topped its $1 billion target in the second quarter of fiscal 2023, more than a year ahead of its plan.

In May Tyson posted a surprise loss in its second quarter and cut its sales forecast due to the cost of plant closures and layoffs.

Tyson has been trying to cut costs over the past several months. It closed its corporate offices in Chicago and South Dakota late last year and consolidated its workforce in Arkansas. In March it announced the closure of two plants in Arkansas and Virginia in order to better use available capacity at other facilities.

Tyson laid off 15% of its senior leadership and 10% of its corporate workers in April as it faces steep inflation on labor, grain and other inputs.

more
https://www.4029tv.com/article/tyson-closing-arkansas-missouri-indiana/44751117#
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Re: Tyson Foods closing 4 chicken processing plants in cost-cutting move
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 06:23:18 pm »
By MICHELLE CHAPMAN, AP Business Writer

SPRINGDALE, Ark. —

Tyson Foods Inc. is closing four chicken processing plants as it looks to lower costs.

The company said Monday that the plants being closed are located in North Little Rock, Arkansas; Corydon, Indiana; Dexter, Missouri and Noel, Missouri.

Tyson said that it will shift production to other facilities and halt operations at the four plants in the first two quarters of fiscal 2024. The company currently estimates having $300 million to $400 million in total charges, based on a preliminary analysis.

Tyson launched a plan in fiscal 2022 where it targeted $1 billion in productivity savings by the end of fiscal 2024. The company said that it realized more than $700 million of savings in fiscal 2022, which partially offset the impacts of inflationary market conditions. Tyson topped its $1 billion target in the second quarter of fiscal 2023, more than a year ahead of its plan.

In May Tyson posted a surprise loss in its second quarter and cut its sales forecast due to the cost of plant closures and layoffs.

Tyson has been trying to cut costs over the past several months. It closed its corporate offices in Chicago and South Dakota late last year and consolidated its workforce in Arkansas. In March it announced the closure of two plants in Arkansas and Virginia in order to better use available capacity at other facilities.

Tyson laid off 15% of its senior leadership and 10% of its corporate workers in April as it faces steep inflation on labor, grain and other inputs.

more
https://www.4029tv.com/article/tyson-closing-arkansas-missouri-indiana/44751117#
There goes the price of chicken AGAIN.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 06:51:25 pm »
There goes the price of chicken AGAIN.

Not only boosting the price, but empty shelves.  I don't buy Tyson products, but it will have a negative affect on supply.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 09:19:35 pm »
Not only boosting the price, but empty shelves.  I don't buy Tyson products, but it will have a negative affect on supply.
Kind of goes against the democrat lie on jobs and the economy too! I sure hope all those ex employees were working hard on their programming skills :whistle:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 11:01:51 pm »
They are going to end up transferring production to China,just like Smithfield did.

This seems to ME to be the excuse they need to justify the transfer.

This seems to be a trend,and if it isn't stopped,America will go bankrupt.

I THINK GM was the first US corporation to transfer manufacturing to China,when they moved automatic transmission manufacturing there. This was MAYBE 5-10 years ago.

I have no idea what,if anything else,they have transferred there since then.

Or if Ford and Chrysler have followed suit or not.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 11:05:23 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2023, 11:21:23 pm »
They are going to end up transferring production to China,just like Smithfield did.

This seems to ME to be the excuse they need to justify the transfer.

This seems to be a trend,and if it isn't stopped,America will go bankrupt.

I THINK GM was the first US corporation to transfer manufacturing to China,when they moved automatic transmission manufacturing there. This was MAYBE 5-10 years ago.

I have no idea what,if anything else,they have transferred there since then.

Or if Ford and Chrysler have followed suit or not.
Depends on what level of manufacturing you are talking about. My brother was the production manager for Hunter sprinklers, I want to say at least 25 years ago, and they had all their sprinkler heads and parts being manufactured in China back then. I know that he got to the point he never wanted to see Peking Duck ever again because of all the business dinners on the trips he made each year.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2023, 12:41:31 am »
Depends on what level of manufacturing you are talking about. My brother was the production manager for Hunter sprinklers, I want to say at least 25 years ago, and they had all their sprinkler heads and parts being manufactured in China back then. I know that he got to the point he never wanted to see Peking Duck ever again because of all the business dinners on the trips he made each year.

@GtHawk

I am opposed to ANY contact with the Chi-Coms that doesn't involve killing them.

Death is the only thing that will stop  them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2023, 01:04:46 am »
No big deal. We can eat bugs, right?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2023, 02:36:21 am »
Move the plants to Mexico.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.