Author Topic: Judge Cannon Lights Up Jack Smith for Behavior in Trump Classified Docs Case  (Read 615 times)

Offline Kamaji

Judge Cannon Lights Up Jack Smith for Behavior in Trump Classified Docs Case

By Bonchie
August 07, 2023

Special Counsel Jack Smith is quickly learning that not all judges can be counted on to be left-wing hacks.

Judge Aileen Cannon, who is overseeing Smith’s prosecution of Donald Trump regarding classified documents kept at Mar-a-Lago, pulled no punches on Monday after unsealing two motions made by the DOJ.

The first motion has to do with a request for a Garcia hearing, which would lay out alleged conflicts of interest involving a defendant’s attorney and witnesses that are planned to be called by the prosecution, while the second motion was a request to seal a supplement in order to “to comport with grand jury secrecy.”

As you’ll see, the second motion is the one that really backfired.

In other words, the special counsel wanted to keep certain things hidden from the public in order to keep mining another grand jury that doesn’t even reside in Cannon’s district for related charges.

Instead of granting the motions, the judge unsealed both of them to make them public and is now demanding answers from Smith on why he’s even continuing to use an out-of-district grand jury for matters pertinent to the prosecution in her court.

Among other topics as raised in the Motion, the response shall address the legal propriety of using an out-of-district grand jury proceeding to continue to investigate and/or to seek post-indictment hearings on matters pertinent to the instant indicted matter in this district. The Special Counsel shall respond to that discussion in a Reply in Support of the Motion [ECF No. 97], due on or before August 22, 2023.

Source:  https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/08/07/judge-cannon-lights-up-jack-smith-for-behavior-in-trump-classified-docs-case-n788870

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JUST IN: Judge Aileen Cannon “Comes Out Swinging” and Delivers Blow to Jack Smith in Classified Documents Case – Liberals Scream for her Dismissal Afterwards
By Cullen Linebarger Aug. 7, 2023 11:00 am404 Comments

Judge Aileen Cannon in the Southern District for Florida federal court delivered a blow to Special Counsel Jack Smith’s inquisition against President Trump regarding the “classified documents” case. In their process, she also caused the liberals to go into unhinged meltdowns where they demanded her dismissal. Previous reports on her coverage can be found here and here.

As previously covered by Cristina Laila, Cannon was appointed to oversee the classified documents case to the chagrin of liberals everywhere. More examples of her coverage can be found here and here.

As Politico’s Kyle Cheney reported, Cannon struck down two of Special Counsel Jack Smith’s sealed filings in her ruling today. Cheney said she came out swinging.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/08/just-judge-aileen-cannon-comes-swinging-delivers-blow/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Judge Cannon Lights Up Jack Smith for Behavior in Trump Classified Docs Case

By Bonchie
August 07, 2023

Special Counsel Jack Smith is quickly learning that not all judges can be counted on to be left-wing hacks.

Judge Aileen Cannon, who is overseeing Smith’s prosecution of Donald Trump regarding classified documents kept at Mar-a-Lago, pulled no punches on Monday after unsealing two motions made by the DOJ.

The first motion has to do with a request for a Garcia hearing, which would lay out alleged conflicts of interest involving a defendant’s attorney and witnesses that are planned to be called by the prosecution, while the second motion was a request to seal a supplement in order to “to comport with grand jury secrecy.”

As you’ll see, the second motion is the one that really backfired.

In other words, the special counsel wanted to keep certain things hidden from the public in order to keep mining another grand jury that doesn’t even reside in Cannon’s district for related charges.

Instead of granting the motions, the judge unsealed both of them to make them public and is now demanding answers from Smith on why he’s even continuing to use an out-of-district grand jury for matters pertinent to the prosecution in her court.

Source:  https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/08/07/judge-cannon-lights-up-jack-smith-for-behavior-in-trump-classified-docs-case-n788870

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This story has been posted 4 times now..I merged 3 and deleted 1... :smokin:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Jack Smith is nothing more than a third-rate political hack.  End of story.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 06:22:11 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

This story has been posted 4 times now..I merged 3 and deleted 1... :smokin:

Probably because everyone's getting excited over a judge who doesn't seem to be all in for the democrats.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Jack Smith is nothing more than a third-rate political hack.  End of story.

It's like the guy read all about Stalinist kangaroo courts and said 'Hold muh beer!'
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It's like the guy read all about Stalinist kangaroo courts and said 'Hold muh beer!'

:yowsa: Exactly! And Merrick Garland is his cheerleader.

- J. R. R. Tolkien