Author Topic: Bidenomics 101: Gas Prices Soar Again to New High for 2023 Adding to Inflationary Pressures  (Read 427 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bidenomics 101: Gas Prices Soar Again to New High for 2023 Adding to Inflationary Pressures

Simon Kent 7 Aug 2023

U.S. gas prices are soaring again, posing another challenge to an inflation problem the Federal Reserve has battled over the past year and President Joe Biden claimed is all under control thanks to the much-touted “Bideonomics.”

The national average gallon of gas traded at $3.89 last week, its highest level since October 2022, according to the latest figures supplied by the AAA.

The pump price shows a variation across the country with some of the steepest jumps in Midwestern states, while in Washington state and California, prices have reached an average of $5 and $5.07 a gallon, the Detroit Free Press reports.

Michigan’s average gasoline price set a new high for 2023 on Monday, hitting $3.76 a gallon for regular unleaded, an increase of nine cents from last week, the AAA figures show.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/08/07/bidenomics-101-gas-prices-soar-again-to-new-high-for-2023-adding-to-inflationary-pressures/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Didn’t Joy Behar recently claim gas prices were going down?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Gasoline prices are creeping up.

https://gasprices.aaa.com/?state=MA

End of Summer / Beginning of Fall there's usually another spike in gas prices as suppliers run down their stocks of Summer gasoline blends to make room for the Winter gasoline blends.

If the US could have one, year-round, national blend of gasoline, it would eliminate some existing structural inefficiencies that cause at least (2) annual spikes in gas prices as Seasonal blends are switched over.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Up 40 cents per gallon here in the last 6 weeks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Propane bill should be fun this month.

Offline berdie

Propane bill should be fun this month.

True...and I dread it.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The sudden rise in gas prices at the pump doesn't correlate to rises in crude oil prices.

Crude has gone up, to around 82 today, but slowly. A month ago it was in the low 70's as I recall.

Something else is going on here. And I don't think it's refineries adjusting "blends" for summer. Something else...

Offline libertybele

The sudden rise in gas prices at the pump doesn't correlate to rises in crude oil prices.

Crude has gone up, to around 82 today, but slowly. A month ago it was in the low 70's as I recall.

Something else is going on here. And I don't think it's refineries adjusting "blends" for summer. Something else...

It's called Brandon depleted our oil reserves and a huge push for EV's.  This country is coming into some very dark days economically,  and I'm afraid militarily.  China and Russia are going to make their moves while Brandon is still in office.  Just my opinion here.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.