Author Topic: Don’t cry for Megan Rapinoe and humiliated USWNT – they’re a bunch of unpatriotic losers By Piers M  (Read 177 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Don’t cry for Megan Rapinoe and humiliated USWNT – they’re a bunch of unpatriotic losers
By Piers Morgan   
August 7, 2023 11:15am

As the tears streamed down Megan Rapinoe’s face after USWNT’s humiliating early exit from the Women’s World Cup, she was asked if there was one memory that stood out from her entire career as an international footballer.

Was it a particular trophy, perhaps?

Or an especially memorable match?

Or an outstanding goal?

Or, as many others might have said, the sheer honor and pride of playing for her country?

Nope, none of those.

Ms. Rapinoe, who had earlier sparked outrage when she laughed after missing a crucial penalty kick, collected her thoughts for a few long seconds, then replied: “Probably equal pay chance. This team has always fought for so much more and that’s been the most rewarding part for me. Of course, playing in World Cups and European Championships, and doing all that… but to know we’ve used our really special talent to do something that’s really changed the world forever, that means the most to me.”

It was peak Rapinoe: Supremely arrogant, annoyingly self-aggrandizing, and all about the money…

Later, President Biden tweeted: “@USWNT, you’ve made your country proud. Congratulations on an incredible run. This team is something special and I’m looking forward to seeing how you continue to inspire Americans with your grit and determination – on and off the field.”

Sorry, what?

more
https://nypost.com/2023/08/07/dont-cry-for-megan-rapinoe-and-humiliated-uswnt-theyre-a-bunch-of-unpatriotic-losers/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34