Author Topic: Trump attorney says he won’t accept plea deal in Jan. 6 case  (Read 391 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump attorney says he won’t accept plea deal in Jan. 6 case
by Lauren Sforza - 08/06/23 3:41 PM ET

Former President Trump’s attorney John Lauro said he would not accept a plea deal in connection to the federal Jan. 6 case, in which the former president is charged with four federal counts related to alleged efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

CBS host Major Garrett asked Lauro on “Face the Nation” if there was “any condition” under which Trump would accept a plea deal on the latest charges brought against him. Lauro told him there was no condition where Trump would.

When asked if he planned to file a motion to dismiss the case, Lauro said he “absolutely” will, but did not answer when he would file that.

“Hundred percent. Well, within the time permitted,” Lauro said. “This is what’s called a Swiss cheese indictment. It has so many holes that we’re going to be identifying and litigating a number of motions that we’re going to file on First Amendment grounds, on the fact that President Trump is immune as president from being prosecuted in this way.”

Lauro also said that cases similar to this case brought against Trump do not go to trial “before two or three years.” He also emphasized how he will be pushing to change the venue, saying West Virginia would be an “excellent venue to try this case.”

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4140528-trump-attorney-says-he-wont-accept-plea-deal-case/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Re: Trump attorney says he won’t accept plea deal in Jan. 6 case
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 01:23:24 pm »
I would think that would go without saying.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Trump attorney says he won’t accept plea deal in Jan. 6 case
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 01:42:18 pm »
 ////00000////

I hope those attorneys got paid, upfront, in cash.

I don't feel sorry for Trump's current and former lawyers.  They chose to hitch their wagons to the Trump train.

Trump is an incarnation of Mephistopheles - he corrupts everyone and everything he comes in contact with.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.