Author Topic: A DeSantis Primary Victory Is Still Possible. Here’s Why  (Read 1886 times)

Offline Kamaji

A DeSantis Primary Victory Is Still Possible. Here’s Why
« on: August 07, 2023, 12:29:33 pm »
A DeSantis Primary Victory Is Still Possible.  Here’s Why

Scott Morefield
Aug 07, 2023

The 'Uniparty' desperately wants you to believe this GOP primary is over and that we're destined to see the rematch of two tired octogenarians that a vast majority of Americans do NOT want to have to endure. It’s what the Republican ‘establishment’ wants. It’s what Democrats want. It’s what the media wants.

Don't believe it. This primary isn't close to over.

Yes, Ron DeSantis' campaign has underperformed so far. Yes, Donald Trump's various indictments continue to give him polling fuel. However, as anyone who follows politics long enough knows, political winds that blow one direction, even for a long while, can turn quickly and blow another.

It's still early, and too many things will and can happen between now and the various state election days in 2024 to declare Trump the presumptive nominee, despite how much he desperately wants to be crowned.

Here are a few key things that will occur between now and when the fat lady finally sings:

GOP Debates

These are crucial, starting with the first one this month. DeSantis must perform well whether or not Trump shows, and if Trump refuses to show he must shame him mercilessly for it. He has the ability to be a passionate speaker and display a remarkable grasp of issues, and he'll need both skills here. Expect Ron to come out guns blazing with nothing to lose.

Gavin Newsom debate

Even occurring in November, this one is a tremendous gift. Again, a strong performance is needed. Newsom is smart and a smooth talker, and shouldn't be underestimated. However, if DeSantis can hold his own and get some nice jabs in, his profile will rise. The sight of two young leaders of populous states sparring on national television will allow people to see what could be instead of what has been. When they see it, they will begin to believe it.

Source:  https://townhall.com/columnists/scottmorefield/2023/08/07/monday-n2626686

Online corbe

Re: A DeSantis Primary Victory Is Still Possible. Here’s Why
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 01:42:22 pm »
   Good read, Thanks for posting @Kamaji
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 01:51:56 pm »
Totally agree.  The debates have the potentially to shift the race dramatically.

The other thing that has the potentially to shift the GOP race dramatically is if Biden drops out.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 01:57:12 pm »
If DeSantis debates as well as his past couple of interviews he should shine. 

I don't think Trump will debate unless DeSantis does extremely well in the first debate and then we all know Trump's mudslinging will be relentless.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 01:58:00 pm »
If DeSantis debates as well as his past couple of interviews he should shine. 

I don't think Trump will debate unless DeSantis does extremely well in the first debate and then we all know Trump's mudslinging will be relentless.

:thumbsup:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2023, 02:01:56 pm »
 ////00000////

Has a single Primary vote been cast yet?

All this political prognostication is not different than sport prognostication in advance of a sporting event.

That's why the games are still played.  The pre-game prattle is speculative BS for headlines, ratings, clicks, views, ad revenue, and mind bending propaganda.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2023, 02:08:51 pm »
////00000////

All this political prognostication is not different than sport prognostication in advance of a sporting event.

That's why the games are still played.  The pre-game prattle is speculative BS for headlines, ratings, clicks, views, ad revenue, and mind bending propaganda.

Exactly right.
My first thought upon reading the headline was, "Because nobody has actually voted yet."
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2023, 02:14:22 pm »
There is certainly a lane for DeSantis to make a rise in the polls, dramatic even. This piece spells out the possibilities. Meanwhile, watch for the playground bully tactics to intensify from the Trump camp to close that lane. I expect it to be exhausting.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2023, 02:35:26 pm »
////00000////

Right. The debates give people a chance to see the most likely candidates together  talking about the main issues.  They don't have to chase around trying to figure out who is saying what about what at any given time.

Also about polling. They say, for example, 1200 people participated, but they don't say how many people they called. It could be they called 12,000 people and only ten percent participated. They can weigh the demographics, etc., but until people cast a vote, polls are complete crap.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2023, 03:51:20 pm »
johncarens
an hour ago
It is jaw-dropping how much hatred the Trump Operation has been able to gin up against the most effective administrative politician in my lifetime in terms of actually advancing the outcomes we CLAIM we want. Jaw dropping. Especially when Governor DeSantis just won the only crushing victory in the mid-terms…

Truly. Every issue conservatives have wanted for a generation, DeSantis’ Florida has successfully tackled. And it’s not enough..! E-verify. Crackdowns on illegal immigration. Tough law enforcement. Serious abortion restrictions. Vanquishing critical race theory. Work requirements for welfare bennies. Vetoes of state-sponsored green energy quackery. A health department that isn’t beholden to Pfizer and Moderna. On, and on, and on.

We just aren’t a serious people that want serious, lasting results. We just want rallies and zinging liberal Aunt Pearl at Thanksgiving…

We will deserve it when we are watching Joe Biden get wheeled up to the podium to take his next Oath of Office. We wanted The Show. THEY wanted your children…
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2023, 03:57:34 pm »
Desperation is never pretty.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2023, 04:00:03 pm »
"I think  he can,I think he can......."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online corbe

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2023, 04:02:10 pm »
   I believe I am a Handsome Man, for my age @sneakypete  Yes, I am Desperate to prevent Candidate whomever running against Defendant Trump, it's a losing situation, IMHO.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2023, 04:02:52 pm »

johncarens
an hour ago
It is jaw-dropping how much hatred the Trump Operation has been able to gin up against the most effective administrative politician in my lifetime in terms of actually advancing the outcomes we CLAIM we want. Jaw dropping. Especially when Governor DeSantis just won the only crushing victory in the mid-terms…

Truly. Every issue conservatives have wanted for a generation, DeSantis’ Florida has successfully tackled. And it’s not enough..! E-verify. Crackdowns on illegal immigration. Tough law enforcement. Serious abortion restrictions. Vanquishing critical race theory. Work requirements for welfare bennies. Vetoes of state-sponsored green energy quackery. A health department that isn’t beholden to Pfizer and Moderna. On, and on, and on.

We just aren’t a serious people that want serious, lasting results. We just want rallies and zinging liberal Aunt Pearl at Thanksgiving…

We will deserve it when we are watching Joe Biden get wheeled up to the podium to take his next Oath of Office. We wanted The Show. THEY wanted your children…

Exactly.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2023, 04:23:02 pm »

That's absolutely it.  On every single domestic issue, he's the perfect conservative candidate.  Yet, Trump is doing everything he possibly can to destroy him.  And he might succeed because - as that writer said - we are no longer a serious people.   We want the show, not the results.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2023, 04:31:44 pm »
That's absolutely it.  On every single domestic issue, he's the perfect conservative candidate.  Yet, Trump is doing everything he possibly can to destroy him.  And he might succeed because - as that writer said - we are no longer a serious people.   We want the show, not the results.

Absolutely. Too many get giddy over the the insult, the zinger, the put-down. It’s all the attention span many can muster.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2023, 04:32:14 pm »
"I think  he can,I think he can......."

Oh, I know he will, I know he will.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2023, 04:39:59 pm »

@corbe

Exactly where did you find that piece?  I'm not familiar with that guy, but I suppose I should be.  Thanks!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2023, 04:59:35 pm »

What’s upsetting Trump is how easily Ron DeSantis won reelection without seeking his endorsement. Not only slaughtered his opponent, but also won  with demographic groups that Donald Trump did not, and will not, get.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2023, 05:27:13 pm »
What’s upsetting Trump is how easily Ron DeSantis won reelection without seeking his endorsement. Not only slaughtered his opponent, but also won  with demographic groups that Donald Trump did not, and will not, get.

:thumbsup:

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2023, 05:44:38 pm »

Are we at the point where conservatism is a net drain?  My preference would be for the nihilist/populists to be excised and given their own party.  They can compete with the democrats for welfare and government intervention on trade and other matters.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2023, 05:46:13 pm »
There is certainly a lane for DeSantis to make a rise in the polls, dramatic even. This piece spells out the possibilities. Meanwhile, watch for the playground bully tactics to intensify from the Trump camp to close that lane. I expect it to be exhausting.

https://youtu.be/UrSYJWK_8lg

And yes, Trump will continue his childish ways, and stoke his fanatics who copy his behavior.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2023, 05:51:01 pm »

Is that really true?

EverTrumpers keep telling us DeSantis is “disloyal” for (something) after winning because Trump endorsed him, and DeSantis played on Trump values.

So did he get an endorsement last time or not?  When was that Ron’s Trump MAGA ad from?
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2023, 05:58:11 pm »
Are we at the point where conservatism is a net drain?  My preference would be for the nihilist/populists to be excised and given their own party.  They can compete with the democrats for welfare and government intervention on trade and other matters.

There's really no way for us to excuse them, or vice-versa.  Just have to win the primaries, which should be easier after Trump is gone.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 06:02:41 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2023, 06:05:56 pm »
////00000////

Exactly.  All these prognostications at this point are like faulty details reported in the moments after a major disaster.  All hype and little to no facts. Nobody has heard most of these candidates yet.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 06:13:42 pm by ScottinVA »