Author Topic: Heat wave drags on across southern US while Northern Tier feels a taste of fall  (Read 524 times)

Offline Kamaji

Record-breaking heat wave drags on across southern US while Northern Tier feels a taste of fall

By Emilee Speck, FOX Weather
August 7, 2023

Blistering temperatures continue to plague the southern US from California to Florida this week for yet another week that will undoubtedly cause records to fall.

There is relief from the sweltering summer heat wave; however, to get it, you’ll need to head north.

The second week of August will be a tale of two forecasts.

In the north, a cool down will keep temperatures between 10 and 20 degrees below average and have residents thinking, “Is fall here already?” Meanwhile, the heat continues in the Southwest, Southern Plains and Southeast, with temperatures forecast above 90 degrees for more than 120 million people and temperatures above 100 for about 50 million.

Sweeping heat alerts are in place on Sunday for nearly 100 million Americans.

Parts of Southern California, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Oklahoma are under Excessive Heat Warnings where heat indices could reach 110.

All of southeast Louisiana and southern Mississippi are under Excessive Heat Warnings.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/07/record-breaking-heat-wave-drags-on-across-southern-u-s-while-northern-tier-feels-a-taste-of-fall/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
August looks lovely here in the Florida of Iowa.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It's felt like early Fall (late September/early October) this past week.

I've been able to see the sky for the first time since May because the smoke from the Canadian wildfires has cleared.

The 50's dewpoints are refreshing compared to the 75+ degree dewpoints in July.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

We are in the 90's here in southern FL.  Typical for this time of year.  However the meteorologists and what is being focused on and reported are the "feels like" or "real feel"temps which have us into the 100's. Today are "real feel" temp is 115. Ridiculousness.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.