Author Topic: Gold Star mom claims Biden callously likened her son’s death during disastrous Afghan withdrawal to  (Read 227 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Gold Star mom claims Biden callously likened her son’s death during disastrous Afghan withdrawal to Beau’s
By Caitlin Doornbos   
August 7, 2023 5:09pm

WASHINGTON – Families of the 13 US service members who were killed in an ISIS suicide bombing during the Biden administration’s disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan lined up Monday to slam the White House — with one Gold Star mom accusing the president of callously likening her son’s death to that of his late son Beau.

Cheryl Rex, whose son Marine Lance Cpl. Dylan Merola died in the Aug. 26, 2021, bombing at Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul, said she became enraged at Biden’s mawkish sentiment, knowing full well that Beau Biden died of brain cancer on US soil.

“His words to me were, ‘My wife, Jill, and I know how you feel. We lost our son as well and brought him home in a flag-draped coffin,'” Rex recounted during a forum convened in Escondido, Calif. by local Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.). “My heart started beating faster and I started shaking, knowing that their son died from cancer and they were able to be by his side.”

Biden has a history of claiming his son “died in Iraq.”

In fact, Beau passed away in May 2015 at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Md., at the age of 46 – six years after he came home from a yearlong deployment to Iraq in September 2009.

The president has said he believes Beau developed the brain cancer that killed him from exposure to toxic burn pits during his deployment.

Through tears, Rex said she wondered “how someone could honestly be so heartless to say he knew how I felt a little over 24 hours” after her son died.

“After this encounter,” she added, “I have never had any personal correspondence, nor has my son been honored or his name spoken by this commander-in-chief or his administration on what I feel is because of their failures and poor planning to exit our troops from Afghanistan.”

The 13 service members, including Merola, who died at the Kabul airport’s Abbey Gate were working to evacuate thousands of Afghan allies and several hundred Americans from the war-torn country following the collapse of the Western-backed government in the face of an offensive by the Taliban.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/08/07/biden-told-me-sons-afghanistan-death-was-just-like-beaus-gold-star-mom/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I sat and cried watching these parents talk about how they were treated by this Administration....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

I sat and cried watching these parents talk about how they were treated by this Administration....

I did as well @mystery-ak . I was furious about the way the whole withdrawal was handled...and watching this made me even madder.