Author Topic: How U.S. microchips are fueling Russia’s military — despite sanctions PUBLISHED MON, AUG 7 20231:10  (Read 199 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How U.S. microchips are fueling Russia’s military — despite sanctions
PUBLISHED MON, AUG 7 20231:10 AM EDTUPDATED MON, AUG 7 20231:54 AM EDT

Karen Gilchrist

KEY POINTS
Western microchips used to power smartphones and laptops are continuing to enter Russia and fuel its military arsenal, new analysis shows.

Moscow has been sourcing an increased number of advanced Western technologies through intermediary countries such as China, according to trade data and manifests analyzed by CNBC.

In 2022, the year Moscow launched its full-scale invasion of Ukraine, Russia imported $2.4 billion worth of semiconductor technologies, up from $1.8 billion in 2021.

How sanctioned Western tech is fueling Russia’s military
Western microchips used to power smartphones and laptops are continuing to enter Russia and fuel its military arsenal, new analysis shows.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/07/how-us-microchips-are-fueling-russias-military-despite-sanctions.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Wait, whuh? What are we doing here? I see no mention of the Big Guy getting his cut.

This needs to stop right now!
The Republic is lost.