Author Topic: US Marines gearing up to defend 'key' terrain near China are about to get a first-of-its-kind ship-h  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

US Marines gearing up to defend 'key' terrain near China are about to get a first-of-its-kind ship-hunting missile
Story by insider@insider.com (Christopher Woody) •
20h

Marines did a first-of-its-kind test of the Navy-Marine Expeditionary Ship Interdiction System in June.

NMESIS, a ground-based anti-ship missile, is set to be fielded for the first time later this year.

It's one of many weapons Marines are developing with the goal of controlling "key maritime terrain."

Marines in California tested the Corps' new ground-based anti-ship missile in late June, just a few months before the service plans to field the weapon with a new unit in Hawaii, a milestone that reflects the Marine Corps' renewed focus on fighting alongside the US Navy to control important waterways in the Western Pacific.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-marines-gearing-up-to-defend-key-terrain-near-china-are-about-to-get-a-first-of-its-kind-ship-hunting-missile/ar-AA1eRHSB?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b5e94c7a133c4aceb9aa4b7ec2f1ce2b&ei=17
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson