Author Topic: 5,000 counterfeit oxycodone pills containing 6 pounds of fentanyl seized, suspects arrested followin  (Read 347 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
5,000 counterfeit oxycodone pills containing 6 pounds of fentanyl seized, suspects arrested following HSI Kansas City investigation

CRAWFORD COUNTY, Kan. — The Joint Fentanyl Impact Team, which comprises members of Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) Kansas City, the Kansas Bureau of Investigation and the Kansas Highway Patrol, seized 5,000 counterfeit oxycodone pills containing approximately 6 pounds of fentanyl with help from the Crawford County Sheriff’s Office, the Pittsburg Police Department and the Bourbon County Sheriff’s Office on Aug. 3.

A Joint Fentanyl Impact Team investigation into suspicious activity led authorities to execute a search warrant around 10:30 a.m. on Aug. 2 in the Kansas city of Pittsburg. During the search, law enforcement officials discovered the counterfeit oxycodone pills, commonly referred to as “dirty 30s.” The pills are suspected to contain approximately six pounds of fentanyl. Authorities also seized a large amount of cash, ammunition and numerous firearms.

Officials arrested Horace Wright, 39, of Pittsburg, for possession of opiates, opium or narcotic drugs; possession of marijuana; possession of methamphetamine; possession of drug sale paraphernalia; criminal possession of a firearm; and aggravated child endangerment.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/5000-counterfeit-oxycodone-pills-containing-6-pounds-fentanyl-seized-suspects
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If my calculations are correct, six pounds of fentanyl are enough to kill around 3 million people. That's kill, not get high, which I assume is a fraction of that - 5:1 or greater?

Their customer base isn't the size of a medium population city. Where is it all going?

The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If my calculations are correct, six pounds of fentanyl are enough to kill around 3 million people. That's kill, not get high, which I assume is a fraction of that - 5:1 or greater?

Their customer base isn't the size of a medium population city. Where is it all going?
There is a question of drug tolerance developed among chronic users which may account for the seeming discrepancy. The LD50 for fentanyl would be for the average non-user. Chronic users might be able to tolerate significantly higher doses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_tolerance
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 08:42:15 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis