Author Topic: Catch and Release Assembly Line has Consequences  (Read 176 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Catch and Release Assembly Line has Consequences
« on: August 06, 2023, 05:39:39 pm »
Catch and Release Assembly Line has Consequences

PUBLISHED:  Fri, AUG 4th 2023 @ 8:12 am EDT  by  Jared Culver
The Biden Administration’s latest strategy for dealing with the border catastrophe involves a neat accounting trick: Border apprehensions are made to appear lower by simply paroling many aliens through ports of entry. Because the aliens are not encountered attempting to enter illegally on the border, between ports of entry, they are not counted in the border apprehension numbers. So, like magic, the border apprehensions are going down, but the number of aliens without status entering the country chugs along as the Biden Administration continues to expand its so-called “legal pathways.”

The media, of course, is covering this credulously, pointing to lower border apprehension numbers as if Biden has solved the problem. President Obama did something similar when he started counting quick returns at the border as deportations to make it appear he was tough on border security. But no accounting trick can disguise how the catch-and-release assembly line—including mass parole and enforcement priorities that exempt most illegal aliens from removal—also means poorly vetted criminal aliens are being released into the United States.

Ransford Perry was convicted of endangering the welfare of a child in 2007. Then he was charged, a decade later, with forcible touching and endangerment of a child. Despite losing the final appeal of his deportation order, Biden’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) released him. Now, again, Perry has been arrested and charged with two counts of rape, two counts of sexual assault, and another child endangerment charge related to a 13-year-old girl.

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/catch-and-release-assembly-line-has-consequences
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson