Author Topic: Donald Trump Says He Cannot Get a Fair Trial in Washington, DC  (Read 875 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump Says He Cannot Get a Fair Trial in Washington, DC

Donald Trump Says He Cannot Get a Fair Trial in Washington, DC

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

NO WAY I CAN GET A FAIR TRIAL, OR EVEN CLOSE TO A FAIR TRIAL, IN WASHINGTON, D.C. THERE ARE MANY REASONS FOR THIS, BUT JUST ONE IS THAT I AM CALLING FOR A FEDERAL TAKEOVER OF THIS FILTHY AND CRIME RIDDEN EMBARRASSMENT TO OUR NATION,  WHERE MURDERS HAVE JUST SHATTERED THE ALL TIME RECORD, OTHER VIOLENT CRIMES HAVE NEVER NEEN WORSE, AND TOURISTS HAVE FLED. THE FEDERAL TAKEOVER IS VERY UNPOPULAR WITH POTENTIAL AREA JURORS, BUT NECESSARY FOR SAFETY, GREATNESS, & FOR ALL THE WORLD TO SEE!

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/06/donald-trump-says-he-cannot-get-a-fair-trial-in-washington-dc/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Donald Trump Says He Cannot Get a Fair Trial in Washington, DC
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023, 05:55:34 pm »
Trump calls for recusal of judge in Jan. 6 case ‘on very powerful grounds’

By Ryan King
August 6, 2023

Former President Donald Trump claimed Sunday there is “no way” he’ll get a fair trial over the election-meddling indictment he faces — calling for a new venue and judge to oversee the federal case.

Trump, 77, said his lawyers will be asking for the recusal of Washington DC federal court Judge Tanya Chutkan — who is overseeing the case regarding the ex-president’s alleged attempts to thwart the 2020 election — “on very powerful grounds.”

“THERE IS NO WAY I CAN GET A FAIR TRIAL WITH THE JUDGE ‘ASSIGNED’ TO THE RIDICULOUS FREEDOM OF SPEECH/FAIR ELECTIONS CASE,” Trump posted Sunday morning on Truth Social.

“EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS, AND SO DOES SHE! WE WILL BE IMMEDIATELY ASKING FOR RECUSAL OF THIS JUDGE ON VERY POWERFUL GROUNDS, AND LIKEWISE FOR VENUE CHANGE, OUT IF D.C.,” he added.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/06/trump-calls-for-recusal-of-judge-in-jan-6-case-on-very-powerful-grounds/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2023, 06:39:46 pm »
It's not going to go anywhere, even if deserved. It would take alot more  than they got to get her recused.

What bothers me here is what has been alluded to elsewhere - that Trump's constant difficultness hamstrings his lawyers and sabotages his own defense.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2023, 06:41:24 pm »
It's not going to go anywhere, even if deserved. It would take alot more  than they got to get her recused.

What bothers me here is what has been alluded to elsewhere - that Trump's constant difficultness hamstrings his lawyers and sabotages his own defense.

:thumbsup:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2023, 07:41:55 pm »
Which is why they are holding the trial in Washington, DC.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2023, 07:44:05 pm »
On that I agree, nor anyone else on the Right either.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2023, 07:47:38 pm »
Why doesn't Trump use the opportunity he has been given?  He can put Nancy Pelosi on the stand and begin asking her under oath why her daughter was there filming the crowd and why she turned down Trump's request for more security.  Call to the stand the Capitol Police officers that murdered Ashli Babbitt and Rosanne Boyland and ask who gave them the orders to use lethal force against unarmed civilians.  And demand it be televised.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2023, 08:07:38 pm »
Why doesn't Trump use the opportunity he has been given?  He can put Nancy Pelosi on the stand and begin asking her under oath why her daughter was there filming the crowd and why she turned down Trump's request for more security.  Call to the stand the Capitol Police officers that murdered Ashli Babbitt and Rosanne Boyland and ask who gave them the orders to use lethal force against unarmed civilians.  And demand it be televised.

Exactly. Trump just seems to want to frontal attack, bludgeon and hammer.

I want to see some 6th dimensional chess here.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2023, 08:14:12 pm »

You make a very valid point.  Both Pelosi and Pence have some answering to do.Highly unlikely that they would tell the truth.  Nancy is the Queen of lying and manipulation.  I share the same doubts about the Capitol Police officers. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2023, 08:19:00 pm »
Threads merged.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2023, 09:53:21 pm »
Why doesn't Trump use the opportunity he has been given? He can put Nancy Pelosi on the stand and begin asking her under oath why her daughter was there filming the crowd and why she turned down Trump's request for more security.  Call to the stand the Capitol Police officers that murdered Ashli Babbitt and Rosanne Boyland and ask who gave them the orders to use lethal force against unarmed civilians.  And demand it be televised.

@Hoodat

Not if the presiding judge won't allow it he can't,and the judge won't allow it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2023, 02:11:09 am »

It's pretty remarkable.  Either he thinks he knows more about the law than the people he's hired to defend him, or he lacks the self-discipline to keep his mouth shut.

Not really sure which is worse.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2023, 02:14:40 am »

I don't see either of those lines of inquiry being relevant to the specific charges against him.  He's not charged with inciting a riot.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2023, 03:28:27 am »
He's right, of course. DC is 95% Democrats.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis