Author Topic: Bill Barr: ‘Of Course’ I Would Testify Against Trump at January 6 Trial  (Read 690 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bill Barr: ‘Of Course’ I Would Testify Against Trump at January 6 Trial

Pam Key 6 Aug 2023

Former Attorney General Bill Barr said Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation” that he was willing to testify against former President Donald Trump at his January 6 trial.

Anchor Major Garrett asked, “Were you interviewed by the special counsel?”

Barr said, “I’m not going to go into that.”

Would you appear as a witness if called?”

Barr said, “Of course.”

Garrett said, “One of those associated with Trump’s defense team has said, if you were called as a witness, they would cross-examine you and pierce all of that by asking you questions that you couldn’t, to their mind, credibly answer about how thorough that investigation was that led you to tell the president what you told him. How thorough was that investigation?”

Barr said, “I think it satisfied us that there was no basis for concluding that there had been fraud in those instances,” Barr said. “Some of them were obvious. One that he keeps on repeating is that there were more that more people voted than absentee ballots that were requested, and that was mixing apples and oranges. And once that was explained to him, we should we should have heard no more about that.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/06/bill-barr-of-course-i-would-testify-against-trump-at-january-6-trial/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Barr didn't say, "Of Course I Would Testify Against Trump at January 6 Trial".
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Of course he would testify.

It's not like he had an option that didn't include jail time for not testifying.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

Barr didn't say, "Of Course I Would Testify Against Trump at January 6 Trial".

No he didn't use those words; assumed perhaps.  I don't trust Barr and never have. He would sell Trump down the river to save himself in a heartbeat.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

Well Trump wanted someone to replace Sessions that would speak their minds and not recuse himself every time something came up.  I'd say he accomplished that.  /s
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Third rate pundits are trying to make a big deal out of basic statements that people would testify if subpoenaed.  Well, duh. Of course they will.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Third rate pundits are trying to make a big deal out of basic statements that people would testify if subpoenaed.  Well, duh. Of course they will.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Beats the HELL out of going to jail for refusing  to testify.

If  ya get a subpoena,ya gotta testify or go to jail for refusing to testify. Those ARE your only choiced.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow

Bill Barr and Mike Pence are two of the most self-righteous frauds I've ever seen in public life.  Barr's discussion about the latest indictments supposedly involving Jan. 6 is incoherent and imbecilic.  In other words, he has nothing but contempt for Trump because Trump fired him, and he would be thrilled if Trump not only lost the election but was sentenced to years in prison.  That's why he is on his own egomaniacal public tour, doing press everywhere and anywhere trashing the former president and, mostly, giving aid and comfort to Garland and Smith.

Mike Pence is another piece of work.  He took notes in his discussion with the president about the election for the purpose of covering his ass one day, even though a president is free to ask his vice president to delay the counting of electors (whether or not that's a good idea is beside the point, it is not unconstitutional or illegal).  Pence first fought the grand jury subpoena.  After he was forced to testify and provide his notes (which he took in secret), now he tries to position himself as some great hero.  He fooled no one and destroyed his reputation.  Both of them are now in great demand by news organizations because they serve the purposes of DOJ and the Democrat Party media.  Disgraceful.
9:43 AM · Aug 8, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Is there a bigger clump of turd than Bill Barr?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline corbe

I forgot that he had suffered the same fate as Sessions.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
////00000////

Is there a bigger clump of turd than Bill Barr?
Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, Adam Schiff, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Chucky Schumer....Of course I know you were being sarcastic, who has the time to compile such an extensive list

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, Adam Schiff, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Chucky Schumer....Of course I know you were being sarcastic, who has the time to compile such an extensive list
There might be a list of such in the Federal fecal zone, but the competition is intense, and each day brings new revelations.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis