Author Topic: USA out of World Cup ⚽️  (Read 814 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
USA out of World Cup ⚽️
« on: August 06, 2023, 02:53:52 pm »
Don't know if anyone saw it, but the USA was knocked out of the Women's,World Cup this morning by Sweden.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Hoodat

Re: USA out of World Cup ⚽️
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023, 07:28:48 pm »
Here's the shootout:

US was up 3-2 with Rapinoe making fourth kick.  She shanked it.  Not sure why Rapinoe was chosen as one of the five since there are certainly better and younger players on the team.

Sweden missed their fourth kick, meaning that if the fifth US kicker makes her shot, the US wins.  She missed.  Sweden makes 5th.  They then keep going until one side makes and the other misses.  Anyway, Rapinoe won't get the opportunity to take a knee on the world stage while the US National Anthem is being played.  Sweden showed class, and they advance.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2023, 07:29:25 pm »
Here's the shootout:

US was up 3-2 with Rapinoe making fourth kick.  She shanked it.  Not sure why Rapinoe was chosen as one of the five since there are certainly better and younger players on the team.

Sweden missed their fourth kick, meaning that if the fifth US kicker makes her shot, the US wins.  She missed.  Sweden makes 5th.  They then keep going until one side makes and the other misses.  Anyway, Rapinoe won't get the opportunity to take a knee on the world stage while the US National Anthem is being played.  Sweden showed class, and they advance.

:thumbsup:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2023, 07:51:36 pm »
Well, they wanted equality.

Now they can be just like the men's squad and get bounced from the World Cup in the Round of 16.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2023, 08:06:10 pm »
Wouldn't shock me if Rapinoe did it on purpose. She is odious, skanky and vile like that.
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2023, 08:08:17 pm »
So their lesbos beat our lesbos.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2023, 08:17:47 pm »
I caught it by accident, having tuned in too early to watch golf. It was a beautiful thing (not that I'm happy to root against my country's team, but many of these women are just beyond annoying).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2023, 08:21:33 pm »
So their lesbos beat our lesbos.

With an exception or two, the Swedish women do not look like lesbos to me.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 08:23:22 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2023, 08:30:28 pm »
That is  a shame.  Need  to add a few trannies to get top
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2023, 08:32:49 pm »
They are all lesbos. They like to kick balls.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2023, 09:50:27 pm »
You win the thread, Fred.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2023, 11:17:14 pm »
They are all lesbos. They like to kick balls.
*winces*

Normally that'd be right on the edge of me saying "too crude for this forum," but... I have a soft spot for puns, so I'll allow it. You're free to go.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2023, 10:03:52 pm »
Alexi Lalas stated a factual statement about the USWNT being unlikeable after its early World Cup exit.  CNN isn't a fan of facts, so it attempted to discredit Lalas with a ridiculous graphic comparing him to Megan Rapinoe.
CNN Swings And Misses With Megan Rapinoe – Alexi Lalas Graphic, Gives Excuses For USWNT’s Worst-Ever Women’s World Cup
by Mark Harris August 9, 2023, 7:00 am updated August 9, 2023, 12:24 pm   
Outkick

Former USMNT player and current Fox Sports soccer analyst had the audacity to criticize the USWNT after its early and ugly exit from the Women’s World Cup. CNN didn’t appreciate what Lalas had to say, even though what he said was factual, so it attempted to bash Lalas as a player in hopes to persuade viewers that he doesn’t have any idea what he’s talking about when it comes to the USWNT, Megan Rapinoe, or the World Cup.

Following the USWNT’s loss to Sweden in the Round of 16, the team’s earliest-ever exit from the World Cup, Lalas simply stated that the team has become unlikeable for some given its political agenda and messaging over the last handful of years. ...

During Monday’s edition of CNN News Central, the network decided to shade Lalas by comparing his World Record track record during his playing days to Rapinoe’s.   ... While CNN thought it had a ‘gotcha’ moment with the Rapinoe – Lalas graphic, in reality, it just makes the network look naive and nonsensical.

First and foremost, Lalas was a defender and therefore wasn’t picking up goals and assists during his time on the field. Secondly, Lalas isn’t criticizing Rapinoe on her own, he’s simply laid out the facts that the USWNT underperformed, which they did, and that it has become unlikable to some, which it has.  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2023, 10:11:15 pm »
With an exception or two, the Swedish women do not look like lesbos to me.

Running from the Muslim hoard behind them.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....