Author Topic: Does Trump's Shutdown Decision Disqualify a Future Presidency?  (Read 223 times)

Online Kamaji

Does Trump's Shutdown Decision Disqualify a Future Presidency?

By Manic Contrarian
August 05, 2023

So, I’m having a friendly debate with somebody about this “IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I’M COMING AFTER YOU!” post by Mr. Trump…

My friend, a retired police officer, is a great guy, salt of the earth, etc. He thinks it’s an understandable representation of Trump’s frustration. And maybe it is. But the question remains, did Trump’s attorneys have the chance to see that post before he pushed “send”? Did anybody above the age of 14? Does anybody honestly think had his attorneys seen it, they’d have said, “Yes, Mr. President, we think that’s a really swell post; put that jazz up ASAP”? Does Donald Trump have a moral obligation to listen to his attorneys if they didn’t? Well, when you consider that his working-class supporters, through their small-dollar donations, are picking up his attorneys’ bills, I’d say he has some sense of obligation to try to help them win their case. I mean, good God, people.

What are we doing? The man isn’t somebody you would hire to do a really big and important job like running the largest hotel conglomerate in the world, based on his Truth Social posts alone. Well, we’re also not supposed to re-hire him to run the largest corporation in the history of the world, either. Not at this point. Not after what happened the last time.

I can anticipate the Trump swarm coming down on that statement and asking, what about what happened last time? He had the greatest economy in history, the cheapest gas ever, no world wars, et cetera, et cetera. Fine, but he also shut down the economy and took the repeated advice of two of the most destructive public health bureaucrats in the country, if not the world. Their advice led to some of the most profoundly destructive economic and social impacts the world has seen in decades, if not in a century.

I truly think we need to go back to Herbert Hoover signing the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act in 1930, which caused the Great Depression, to find an equivalent level of presidential mistake.

Source:  https://redstate.com/politcs/2023/08/05/does-trumps-shutdown-decision-disqualify-a-future-presidency-n788365

Online corbe

Re: Does Trump's Shutdown Decision Disqualify a Future Presidency?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023, 02:47:41 pm »
YES!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2023, 03:17:12 pm »
I don't think so. Covid restrictions varied by state. It was up to state leaders how to proceed. We had a lockdown here but our PTB didn't kill off the state. And neither did Trump.

From March 2021

"It is not surprising Idaho is leading the nation in economic momentum," says Gov. Brad Little. "Years of fiscal conservatism and regulatory restraint, combined with quick action during the pandemic and the good actions of Idahoans to protect their neighbors, have positioned Idaho for future prosperity."

Even as states saw their economies grinding to a halt during the COVID-19 pandemic, Idaho was one of a handful that saw continued growth.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/2021-03-10/idahos-economy-gets-high-marks-in-best-states-rankings

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2023, 03:32:57 pm »
Are Never-Trumpers joined by or turning into gnat-strainers? Hindsight is not 20-20 when it ignores context, this being an example.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.