Author Topic: GOP Rep. Chip Roy threatens to defund DOJ, DHS  (Read 488 times)

Online corbe

GOP Rep. Chip Roy threatens to defund DOJ, DHS
« on: August 06, 2023, 02:12:24 pm »
GOP Rep. Chip Roy threatens to defund DOJ, DHS

BY LAUREN SFORZA - 08/06/23 10:05 AM ET

Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) speaks during a House Rules Committee business meeting to discuss the Schools Not Shelters Act and Securing Growth and Robust Leadership in American Aviation on Monday, July 17, 2023.
Rep. Chip Roy (D-Texas) threatened Sunday to defund the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Department of Homeland Security until changes are made.

Roy told host Shannon Bream on “Fox News Sunday” that Congress should withhold funding from the two agencies over what he characterized as the Biden administration’s “weaponization” of the Justice Department and for “leaving the border exposed.”

“And I can tell you right now for all my colleagues, I will not vote for a continuing resolution or any funding for DHS or DOJ if we don’t get changes to both,” Roy said. “I want the border secure. I want DOJ restored to following the rule of law and we should use the power of the purse as James Madison wrote in Federalist 58: It’s the most powerful weapon against an over tyrannical executive branch that we see unfold right now before us.”

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4140126-gop-rep-chip-roy-threatens-to-defund-doj-dhs/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: GOP Rep. Chip Roy threatens to defund DOJ, DHS
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023, 02:15:19 pm »
I'll believe it when I see it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2023, 02:23:03 pm »
Please do.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2023, 02:23:47 pm »
   Trump endorsed Speaker McCarthy will never allow it.  But at least Rep. Roy is speaking his mind unlike the 400 other members that sit with their thumbs up their azz.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2023, 07:52:47 pm »
I've heard it all before.

The Pubs are allowing the Rats to destroy the Republic and turn the country into a fascist state. The Rats are persecuting Trump and any other American citizens who won't fall into line. The Pubs talk a good line, but what have they done? If the Rats succeed in keeping Trump off the ballot, or in stealing the next election will the Pubs be all that upset?

I'm not surprised the Pubs are lagging in fund raising.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2023, 09:55:44 pm »
Ok,is Chip Roy  a Republican or a Dim?

The news blurb states he is both,and we all know he was forced to pick a side before running for office.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2023, 09:58:27 pm »
I've heard it all before.

The Pubs are allowing the Rats to destroy the Republic and turn the country into a fascist state. The Rats are persecuting Trump and any other American citizens who won't fall into line. The Pubs talk a good line, but what have they done? If the Rats succeed in keeping Trump off the ballot, or in stealing the next election will the Pubs be all that upset?

I'm not surprised the Pubs are lagging in fund raising.

@bilo

There it is in a nutshell. The alleged Republican Party doesn't want an actual two-party system with anyone they can't trust getting elected because that would threaten the system they have in place with their Dim brothers and sisters in crime.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2023, 10:41:23 pm »
Ok,is Chip Roy  a Republican or a Dim?

The news blurb states he is both,and we all know he was forced to pick a side before running for office.

Rep Chip Roy (R-TX) is easily one of the most Conservative members of the US House.  He is @Texas Robin Representative.  Don't mean to burst your ballon @sneakypete but he was also Ted Cruz's campaign manager when he ran against that mean orange rich dude.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2023, 10:44:45 pm »

Rep Chip Roy (R-TX) is easily one of the most Conservative members of the US House.  He is @Texas Robin Representative.  Don't mean to burst your ballon @sneakypete but he was also Ted Cruz's campaign manager when he ran against that mean orange rich dude.

Noted.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2023, 12:29:57 am »
Nothing to worry about, once the evil and properly lynched Trump is impeached again, and strung up in front of the of the court house at high noon.  Then people can go back to feigning their hysterical victimization of Biden, having no teeth behind it.  It will be sooo much like reality!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2023, 12:30:09 am »

@corbe

Everybody makes mistakes.