Author Topic: 2nd Amendment challenges  (Read 811 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
2nd Amendment challenges
« on: August 06, 2023, 01:45:42 pm »
Daily Reporter by Linda Dunn 8/4/2023

Does someone who assaulted and then threatened to shoot someone; who was involved in five shootings; and who plead guilty to violating his state’s firearms law still have a Constitutional right to possess a firearm?

This is what the Supreme Court will be deciding in case No. 22-915, United States of America, Petitioner v. Zackey Rahimi, respondent. The court will determine if Congress exceeded its constitutional authority when it enacted 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(8), which prohibits the possession of firearms by persons subject to domestic violence restraining orders.

The Fifth Court of Appeals, in the United States v. Rahimi, has already said “yes,” which is why this case is now on the Supreme Court docket.

Zackey Rahimi reportedly had an argument with his girlfriend (the mother of his child) in 2019. During this argument, he knocked his child’s mother to the ground in a parking lot and dragged her back to his car, causing her to hit her head on the car’s dashboard. In a telephone call after the incident, Rahimi threatened to shoot her if she told anyone about the assault.

A few months later, a Texas state court entered a domestic violence restraining order against Rahimi which barred him from possessing a gun and warned him that doing so could be a federal felony.

More: https://www.greenfieldreporter.com/2023/08/04/dunn-2nd-amendment-challenges/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: 2nd Amendment challenges
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 12:06:09 am »
I'm with the court  on  this one.

I also freely admit that I have personally told different people a time or three that they could walk away and continue to live,or go ahead and try to attack me and die. I also had a revolver in my pocket (usually a short-barreled,small frame "bobbed hammer" 44 special loaded with 200 grain  hollowpoints) with the grip in my hand and my finger on the trigger. My plan was to shoot right through  the coat if neccessary because if you take a gun out and display  it,you risk the chances of the bad guys calling the cops and saying YOU threatened THEM,and describing the gun  you threatened them with.

They wisely decided to walk away.

This has happened several times,and so far I have not had to shoot anyone. Win/win for everybody.

I am NOT amused when  multiple people try to intimidate  me in order to rob me.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 02:36:55 am »
I'm with the court  on  this one.

I also freely admit that I have personally told different people a time or three that they could walk away and continue to live,or go ahead and try to attack me and die. I also had a revolver in my pocket (usually a short-barreled,small frame "bobbed hammer" 44 special loaded with 200 grain  hollowpoints) with the grip in my hand and my finger on the trigger. My plan was to shoot right through  the coat if neccessary because if you take a gun out and display  it,you risk the chances of the bad guys calling the cops and saying YOU threatened THEM,and describing the gun  you threatened them with.

They wisely decided to walk away.

This has happened several times,and so far I have not had to shoot anyone. Win/win for everybody.

I am NOT amused when  multiple people try to intimidate  me in order to rob me.
When you have to shoot...shoot, don't waste time or lose the advantage by showing your hand. When it comes to my or my families lives I don't intend to play by the Marquis of Queensbury rules. The bad guy sure as hell won't!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 02:42:10 am »
When you have to shoot...shoot, don't waste time or lose the advantage by showing your hand. When it comes to my or my families lives I don't intend to play by the Marquis of Queensbury rules. The bad guy sure as hell won't!

@GtHawk

I agree,but I think you will agree with  me that IF given the option,NOT having to shoot is a LOT better than having no choice BUT to shoot.

Once two or three people are laying around dead at your feet it's too late to say "Oops!".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 06:10:25 am »
@GtHawk

I agree,but I think you will agree with  me that IF given the option,NOT having to shoot is a LOT better than having no choice BUT to shoot.

Once two or three people are laying around dead at your feet it's too late to say "Oops!".
Total agreement with you, what I was trying to say in a kind of Tuco way was I agreed with you as to why you didn't show your gun. :beer: