Author Topic: ‘Snow White’ Goes Snow Woke  (Read 293 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Snow White’ Goes Snow Woke
« on: August 06, 2023, 01:44:48 pm »
‘Snow White’ Goes Snow Woke
Elise McCue / August 04, 2023

A split screen image of actress Rachel Zegler dressed as Snow White and The Seven Magical Creatures from the upcoming Snow White movie.

The “Snow White” live-action remake’s lead actresses, Rachel Zegler and Gal Gadot, who portray Snow White and the Evil Queen, respectively, have not been shy about how the upcoming movie will change and penalize the 1937 classic for not holding up to 2023’s woke standards. Pictured: Photos from the set of “Snow White.” (Photo: The Critical Drinker/YouTube)

COMMENTARY BY
Elise McCue
Elise McCue is a member of the Young Leaders Program at The Heritage Foundation.

To no one’s surprise, Disney’s upcoming live-action adaptation of “Snow White” is shaping up to be yet another left-wing, woke attempt to right the perceived wrongs of the original.

“Snow White” was Disney’s first feature film, and it contained elements that do not fare well with the Left’s sensibilities almost a century later. Critics accuse the original film of being misogynistic since Snow White cleans and cooks for seven men, and promotes sexual assault when the prince kisses a sleeping Snow White without consent.

The film’s lead actresses, Rachel Zegler and Gal Gadot, who portray Snow White and the Evil Queen, respectively, have not been shy about how the upcoming movie will change and penalize the 1937 classic for not holding up to 2023’s woke standards.

“[Snow White] is not going to be saved by the prince. She’s the proactive one and she’s the one who sets the terms. [This] is what makes it so relevant to where we are today,” said Gadot in an interview with Entertainment Weekly.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/08/04/snow-white-goes-snow-woke/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson