Author Topic: Right, Epoch Times, the EPA’s New Rules Will Compromise the Electric Power Grid  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Right, Epoch Times, the EPA’s New Rules Will Compromise the Electric Power Grid
By Linnea Lueken -August 1, 20230

A recent article in the Epoch Times, “EPA’s Power Grid Assumptions Are Disconnected From Reality,” identifies problems with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) mass-electrification plans that will increasingly compromise the U.S. power grid. These concerns are valid. The evidence suggests that the EPA’s and other agencies’ efforts to expand the use of electric power while shutting down power plants fueled by hydrocarbons will result increased grid instability, power shortages, and blackouts.

The author of article, Travis Fisher, senior research fellow in energy and environment at The Heritage Foundation, first explains that the grid in the United States is “already straining under excess regulations,” and that the EPA “has proposed two more rules that promise to cause even more major problems.”

The first proposal he references is EPA’s self-proclaimed “more ambitious”  tailpipe emissions standard to reduce air pollution and carbon dioxide emissions. The proposed rule is, in effect, an electric vehicle mandate, virtually ensuring that 60 percent of new cars sold in 2030 are electric.

https://climaterealism.com/2023/08/right-epoch-times-the-epas-new-rules-will-compromise-the-electric-power-grid/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson