Author Topic: Top climate scientists refer July as the hottest month on record to land of fables  (Read 149 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Top climate scientists refer July as the hottest month on record to land of fables

By Adam Creighton (Washington correspondent The Australian newspaper).

Two of America's top climate scientists have rejected claims that July was the hottest month on record, lamenting a "staggering amount of exaggeration and hype" surrounding the UN secretary-general's statement last week that "the era of global cooking [had] arrived."

Cliff Mass, professor of Atmospheric Sciences at the University of Washington, said the public was "widely misinformed" after a deluge of news reports that summer heat waves in the U.S. and Europe had pushed the average July temperature above 17 degrees — reportedly the highest level in 120,000 years.

"It's terrible. I think it's a disaster. There's a staggering amount of exaggeration and hype of extreme weather and heat waves, and it's very counterproductive."

he told The Australian in an interview.

"I'm not a contrarian person. I'm pretty mainstream in a very large [academic] department, and I think most of these claims are baseless and problematic."

John Christy,

John Christy, a professor

https://www.climategate.nl/2023/08/top-klimaatwetenschappers-verwijzen-de-bewering-dat-juli-de-warmste-maand-ooit-was-naar-land-der-fabelen/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson