Author Topic: Transgender Swimmer Lia Thomas Gets Bad News  (Read 375 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Transgender Swimmer Lia Thomas Gets Bad News
« on: August 06, 2023, 12:24:10 pm »
Transgender Swimmer Lia Thomas Gets Bad News
Story by David Rufful •

Lia Thomas became a national NCAA swimming champion after switching to the women’s team at Yale in the fall of 2021. While competing on the men’s team for three years, Thomas was ranked in 554th place in the 200-yard freestyle.

Thomas’ swimming career may be coming to an abrupt end as the International Swimming Federation (FINA) has banned the vast majority of biological males from competing in women’s events on the world stage. In the new policy, transgender swimmers must “have completed their transition by age 12 to be able to compete.”

The governing body of swimming voted for a new policy by an overwhelming 71.5 percent. The governing board also clarified that they do not support early childhood transitioning.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/transgender-swimmer-lia-thomas-gets-bad-news/ar-AA1eOgRJ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=5e606415cd9941b8a9e7504354c9bf96&ei=29
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Transgender Swimmer Lia Thomas Gets Bad News
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023, 12:27:03 pm »
 :hands:

From 554th competing with men to a top swimmer with women.  No, there's no difference between women and men in sports ability.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2023, 12:38:21 pm »
The governing body of swimming voted for a new policy by an overwhelming 71.5 percent. The governing board also clarified that they do not support early childhood transitioning.

Then why encourage childhood transitioning by making this absurd loophole?  I get that that someone who transitions before puberty will be far less likely to have a physical advantage, but this has "unintended consequences" written all over it.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2023, 12:51:05 pm »
:thumbsup: