Author Topic: Chicago: Police Routinely Ordered Not to Pursue Fleeing Armed Robbery Suspects  (Read 253 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago: Police Routinely Ordered Not to Pursue Fleeing Armed Robbery Suspects

Guy Benson
August 04, 2023 12:01 PM

The city of Chicago has a persistent crime and lawlessness problem, and much of it can be traced back to policies enforced by the political leaders in charge of the deep blue city and state.  Law enforcement officials have been forced into a defensive, soft-on-crime crouch for years, leading to dramatic protest resignations like this one.  One consequence of the city's anti-pursuit-of-criminals guidelines is that criminals are committing dangerous, illegal acts with impunity, then fleeing -- secure in the knowledge that police will likely not chase after them, as a matter of course.  A website that tracks Windy City crime on a daily basis describes harrowing vignettes playing out across the town, night after night:

Well, the sun came up again today, so that means we have to publish yet another story about the seemingly endless string of nightly armed robberies in Chicago. Once again, Chicago police officers radioed that they had located the robbers driving around the area. And, once again, Chicago police supervisors ordered the cops to terminate efforts to pull the robbers over...As was the case in the over 100 armed robberies we’ve told you about recently, last night’s spree involved armed men who jumped out of a stolen Kia to rob people at gunpoint on the street. And, once again, the robberies were centered in West Town, up to Logan Square. The robberies began around 11:35 p.m. Tuesday in the 1500 block of West Monroe. Two people were robbed there. Just before midnight, four men stepped out of the black Kia SUV and tried to rob a man in the 1700 block of West Carroll. They pushed him, pistol-whipped him, and drove away without getting anything...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2023/08/04/chicago-police-routinely-ordered-not-to-pursue-fleeing-armed-robbery-suspects-n2626617
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Once again, please take 30 seconds to read my post from a few years' back, which I saved with the name "crimes of the future":
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,407004.msg2241037.html#msg2241037

Who was right?