Author Topic: DOJ request protective order in Trump's election fraud case over social media posts  (Read 362 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 5, 2023 5:27am EDT
DOJ request protective order in Trump's election fraud case over social media posts
Prosecutors cited in their request for a protective order a social media post Trump made on Truth Social earlier Friday

By Landon Mion | Fox News

The Justice Department on Friday urged a federal judge overseeing former President Trump's election fraud case to issue a protective order against the former president after he made social media posts the department argues are threatening.

Prosecutors asked U.S. District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan to issue a protective order in the case a day after Trump pleaded not guilty to charges of attempting to overturn the 2020 presidential election results in his favor and block the peaceful transition of power. The protective order would limit the information Trump and his legal team would be allowed to share publicly about the case.

Protective orders like this are common in criminal cases, but prosecutors said it's "particularly important" in this case because Trump has posted on social media about "witnesses, judges, attorneys, and others associated with legal matters pending against him."

A social media post Trump made earlier Friday on his Truth Social platform was cited in the prosecutors' request.

"IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I’M COMING AFTER YOU!" Trump wrote on the platform.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-request-protective-order-trumps-election-fraud-case-over-social-media-posts
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline NavyCanDo

Can't see that statement being taken any other way but a threat.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Can't see that statement being taken any other way but a threat.

What kind of threat though?  Karma is a b.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

Well, Trump opens his mouth when he shouldn't yet again.  It does lean towards being a threat and if anyone now needs protection it's Trump.  Hope he's ramped up his security detail and if he should wind up behind bars....it's anyone's guess as to what will happen.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.