Author Topic: Trump in first speech since arraignment: Most Republicans ‘look like a bunch of weak jerks’  (Read 1602 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump in first speech since arraignment: Most Republicans ‘look like a bunch of weak jerks’
by Nick Robertson - 08/05/23 8:01 AM ET

In his first speech since he was arraigned on criminal charges alleging he attempted to overturn the 2020 election, former President Trump said Republicans are “weak” and need to “get smart” on attacking President Biden.

“If you took the five worst presidents in the history of the United States and added them up, they would not have done near the destruction to our country as crooked Joe Biden and the Biden administration have done,” Trump said at the Montgomery, Alabama rally Friday night.

President Biden’s son, Hunter Biden has been the center of federal and Congressional investigation for months. Both have raised questions regarding President Biden’s involvement or lack thereof.

“He shouldn’t be allowed to be the president,” Trump continued. “And the Republicans better get tough and they better get smart because most of them look like a bunch of weak jerks right now. And you got to get tough and smart and you have to fight fire with fire. You can’t allow this to go on.”

Last month, House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said the investigations into the president and his son may soon be “rising to the level of impeachment inquiry.”

Trump focused on his criminal charges at the rally Friday, often shaking off the severity of any case.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4138978-trump-in-first-rally-since-indictment-most-republicans-look-like-a-bunch-of-weak-jerks-right-now/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
History has shown us the "weak jerks", they tend to pardon Hillary the first day on the job after promising for months otherwise.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online libertybele

History has shown us the "weak jerks", they tend to pardon Hillary the first day on the job after promising for months otherwise.

True enough.  I've said my piece many times about his promise to quell the riots and didn't do so, so I won't repeat it again.  However, that was a sure display of weakness and the rioters called his bluff.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Sighlass

Well,the blackmail material has been returned to them by then,and the deposits have cleared their offshore banks,so what would you expect them to do?

BUT......,let's keep voting for the same Party People while expecting  change. That should work out,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

@Sighlass

Well,the blackmail material has been returned to them by then,and the deposits have cleared their offshore banks,so what would you expect them to do?

BUT......,let's keep voting for the same Party People while expecting  change. That should work out,right?

You are right. We cannot keep voting for the same RINO's in Congress and expect change. Nor can we vote again for a president that didn't drain the swamp as promised, didn't lock her up, picked terrible people, waited until the very last minute to get $$ for the border wall and acts like a 5th grade bully.  Not much of what he did stuck -- that is a huge problem.  SO... what is it exactly that makes you think things would be any different if Trump is re-elected?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

@Sighlass

He was talking about Trump promising to launch an investigation on Hillary during the 2016 campaign. Remember "lock her up?"
When elected, he dropped the ball by claiming "she suffered enough."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/358772-timeline-trump-calls-for-clinton-to-be-investigated/
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 11:04:36 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
He was talking about Trump promising to launch an investigation on Hillary during the 2016 campaign. Remember "lock her up?"

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/358772-timeline-trump-calls-for-clinton-to-be-investigated/

Trump said that during the 2016 because he knew it was exactly what his supporters wanted to here.  Once he got elected, he just didn't care.

Offline LMAO

Trump said that during the 2016 because he knew it was exactly what his supporters wanted to here.  Once he got elected, he just didn't care.

But he's  really, really, really, really, really going to go after the swamp this time because "he desperately wants to be remembered in the history books as the president who saved America" ////00000////

Not buying it. He's conning his supporters again
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 11:12:19 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You are right. We cannot keep voting for the same RINO's in Congress and expect change.
Nor can we vote again for a president that didn't drain the swamp as promised, didn't lock her up, picked terrible people, waited until the very last minute to get $$ for the border wall and acts like a 5th grade bully.  Not much of what he did stuck -- that is a huge problem.

Admit it. You hate him because  he is rich  and rude.

NO president can do all that in one short term without the help of Congress,and Congress was more interested in protecting their own turf than  they were helping Trump.

It may even happen again if he is elected. If it does,there will be no way they can hide from it this time.

SO... what is it exactly that makes you think things would be any different if Trump is re-elected?

He is going to have more support this time. I know that Party People like you won't support him,but I am STILL seeing LOTS of Trump bumper stickers on new cars and trucks,and the last time I saw a Biden bumper sticker was last summer,and it was on a car from New York.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LMAO

That he did,and I was not and am not happy about it.

I can't help but think he was following  the advise of RINO advisors who kept telling him it would cost him "the wimmins votes" if he went after her.

Rookie mistake by a rookie politician. Don't forget,Trump began his political career at the very top of the pyramid,and the rest of them spend 30 or 40 years working their way up there and never getting it.

And he couldn't be worse than the cretins who have already  announced they  were running if he tried.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 11:16:31 pm by sneakypete »

Offline mountaineer

And you got to get tough and smart and you have to fight fire with fire. You can’t allow this to go on.
What does this mean in practice?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Isn't this guy who just called other Republicans "weak jerks" the same guy who also said that the party needs to unite behind him?

I'm not sure calling people "weak jerks" is the best way to gain their support.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Isn't this guy who just called other Republicans "weak jerks" the same guy who also said that the party needs to unite behind him?

I'm not sure calling people "weak jerks" is the best way to gain their support.

@Maj. Bill Martin

He is not calling Republican VOTERS "weak jerks",he is calling elected Republican officer holders weak jerks.

Offline Hoodat

Speaking of weak, why was this person still on government payroll when Trump left office?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

He also draped some Presidential commendation around his neck (shoulda been a hangman's rope) his second to last day.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

Speaking of weak, why was this person still on government payroll when Trump left office?

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Why did Trump give both Fauci and Milley freaking medals the day before he left office??  Was he still a "rookie" who didn't understand how government worked, and just listen to 'bad advisors'? Even after a full four freaking years in office?

At what point will Trump's bad decisions reflect poorly on his own poor judgment, rather than being blamed on inexperience and listening to bad advisors?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 03:37:31 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

Why did Trump give both Fauci and Milley freaking medals the day before he left office??  Was he still a "rookie" who didn't understand how government worked, and just listen to 'bad advisors'? Even after a full four freaking years in office?

At what point will Trump's bad decisions reflect poorly on his own poor judgment, rather than being blamed on inexperience and listening to bad advisors?

A better question might be:  At what point will Trump's supporters realize that his bad decisions reflect his own poor judgment, rather than being due to inexperience or listening to bad advisors?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

A better question might be:  At what point will Trump's supporters realize that his bad decisions reflect his own poor judgment, rather than being due to inexperience or listening to bad advisors?

Never.

He's the king of "the dog ate my homework" excuses. Nothing is ever really his fault, and everything that goes wrong can always be blamed on somebody else.   And they'll buy it forever because they are too far invested at this point, and can't come to grips with what the guy really is.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 03:40:53 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

Never.

He's the king of "the dog ate my homework" excuses. Nothing is ever really his fault, and everything that goes wrong can always be blamed on somebody else.   And they'll buy it forever because they are too far invested at this point, and can't come to grips with what the guy really is

That's a shame.

Offline kevindavis007

@Maj. Bill Martin

He is not calling Republican VOTERS "weak jerks",he is calling elected Republican officer holders weak jerks.

Well, guess what? He is going to need the elected Republican office holders' support if he wants his agenda to pass.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline LMAO

Never

They would rather commit mass suicide than come to that realization

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

I can't help but think he was following  the advise of RINO advisors who kept telling him it would cost him "the wimmins votes" if he went after her.

No he was not following the advice of some “RINO.”

He knew what the Republican base wanted to hear and he manipulated their emotions, knowing full well he intended to do nothing about Hillary’s crimes

I guess on one hand, I don’t blame him. Anyone who is a threat to Hillary Clinton has a short lifespan

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

The fact that he has RINO advisors in the first place should tell you everything you need to know about Donald Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-