Author Topic: Lawmaker Demands Answers From Texas A&M Over $1M Payout  (Read 395 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Lawmaker Demands Answers From Texas A&M Over $1M Payout
« on: August 05, 2023, 12:24:00 pm »
Texas Scorecard by  Sydnie Henry August 4, 2023

State Rep. Brian Harrison says his constituents should not have to pay a DEI proponent a million dollars.

Following the failed hiring of Kathleen McElroy—a DEI proponent and tenured professor at UT Austin—for the position of journalism director at Texas A&M, Republican State Rep. Brian Harrison of Midlothian is demanding answers for the university’s $1 million settlement with McElroy.

​​”Like hell my constituents should have to pay a DEI activist professor one million dollars for simply not leaving one government job for another government job,” said Harrison. “She’s still tenured at UT Austin and is getting a $1M bonus? I will demand answers from Texas A&M University, my alma mater.”

McElroy, whose background includes pushing for the removal of “illegitimate” perspectives in journalism and promoting DEI at UT Austin, rejected A&M’s final job offer for the position of journalism director after the university watered down her contract following public outcry.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/lawmaker-demands-answers-from-texas-am-over-1m-payout/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Lawmaker Demands Answers From Texas A&M Over $1M Payout
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 02:23:18 pm »
Brian Harrison is entirely correct!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien