Author Topic: The Bidens: "Stone Cold Crooked" (7) -- How Is It Even Possible To Keep Spinning This?  (Read 226 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Bidens: "Stone Cold Crooked" (7) -- How Is It Even Possible To Keep Spinning This?
August 04, 2023/ Francis Menton

I want you to imagine that you have recently taken a job as a senior editor at the New York Times.  Your mission, well understood by you, is to co-ordinate the coverage to spin the news of the day in a way to present Democrats in as favorable as possible a light, and Republicans as unfavorably as possible.  In particular, you understand that Donald Trump must be shown as the devil incarnate, while Joe Biden is a kindly fellow who just loves his family.  No problem.

But now you are suddenly presented with the news of the past few days.  The “Justice” Department, under the control of Biden henchman Merrick Garland, has just taken the unprecedented step of indicting Trump, who currently holds a commanding lead in the polls to be the Republican candidate in the next presidential election, for the supposed “crime” of repeatedly asserting that the last election was stolen — an assertion that has been a perennial in presidential politics for decades without anybody ever being indicted for it.  Meanwhile, a transcript of a witness’s testimony before a House committee earlier this week has just been released, with the witness having offered testimony to close the loop with the last piece of a clear quid pro quo bribery scheme involving millions going not just to Hunter Biden, but also Joe, with U.S. taxpayer funds used to the benefit of corrupt Russia-allied Ukrainians.

OK, this is a tough one.  How are you possibly going to spin your way out of it?

Before getting to how the real New York Times approaches this situation, let’s consider how bad it has gotten for Joe in the Ukraine/Burisma bribery matter. 

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2023-8-3-the-bidens-stone-cold-crooked-7-how-is-it-even-possible-to-keep-spinning-this
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson