Author Topic: Boston’s Fossil Fuel Fiasco: A Case Study in Absurdity  (Read 176 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Boston’s Fossil Fuel Fiasco: A Case Study in Absurdity
« on: August 05, 2023, 10:52:29 am »
Boston’s Fossil Fuel Fiasco: A Case Study in Absurdity
17 hours ago Charles Rotter 87 Comments
Blazemedia published a story with the following headline:

Boston mayor bans ‘fossil fuels’ in new city-owned buildings to advance ‘racial and economic justice’

https://www.theblaze.com/news/boston-wu-bans-fossilfuels-govt
The article describes a stunning display of disconnected-from-reality policy making, Boston Mayor Michelle Wu recently announced a ban on fossil fuels in all new city-owned buildings. This new executive order, described as a bold step towards “racial and economic justice,” will supposedly expedite climate action, create jobs, and enhance the quality of life in the city. Oh, and all of this while having a good laugh at the principles of sound economic and infrastructural planning.

The press release detailing the executive order stated that it was aimed at “accelerating climate action by requiring that all new municipal buildings and major renovations operate without fossil fuels.” The ban extends to non-combustion usage in cooking, HVAC, and hot water apparatuses in all new buildings in the city. In other words, your basic conveniences just got a lot less convenient.

Mayor Wu claims that signs of “extreme heat, storms, and flooding” are pressing reminders of our need for urgent climate action. Her solution? Denying new buildings the most cost-effective and efficient energy sources we have. As she boldly stated,

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/08/04/bostons-fossil-fuel-fiasco-a-case-study-in-absurdity/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson