Author Topic: Devon Archer transcript shows how Democrat Rep. Goldman spun 'illusion of access' narrative  (Read 293 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 August 4, 2023 5:18pm EDT
Devon Archer transcript shows how Democrat Rep. Goldman spun 'illusion of access' narrative
Devon Archer said Joe Biden presence on Hunter Biden business calls was 'signal enough to be powerful'
By Brianna Herlihy | Fox News

The full transcript of the House Oversight Committee's interview with Devon Archer – Hunter Biden's former best friend and business partner – shows how a key Democrat on that committee, New York Rep. Daniel Goldman, managed to spin out a positive headline from an interview that was otherwise damaging to President Biden.

After Archer's closed-door committee interview on Tuesday, Democrats emphasized to media outlets that Archer had described what Hunter Biden was peddling as "the illusion of access" to his father.

But the transcript shows that the phrase "illusion of access" was first introduced by Goldman. The transcript also shows that Archer first agreed, but then equivocated, on whether the "illusion of access" description was fair.

"It's not about selling access to his father. It's about selling the illusion of access to his father. Is that fair?" Goldman questioned.

"Is that fair? I mean, yeah, that is – I think that's – that's almost fair," Archer responded.
Dan Goldman, left, speaks to press gaggle

"Almost fair. Why almost fair?" Goldman probed.

"Because there – there is – there are touch points and contact points that I can't deny that happened, but nothing of material was discussed. But I can't go on record saying that there was – there was communications," Archer replied.

Archer went on to describe that phone calls between Hunter Biden and his father were a sort of "signal" to his business partners about potential influence and access provided by Joe Biden.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/devon-archer-transcript-shows-how-democrat-rep-goldman-spun-illusion-of-access-narrative
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Goldman is a real slimeball...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34