Author Topic: Christmas Tree Shops announce last day of business after going bankrupt  (Read 413 times)

Offline Kamaji

Christmas Tree Shops announce last day of business after going bankrupt

By Shannon Thaler
August 4, 2023

Beloved bargain retailer Christmas Tree Shops announced that its last day in business will be Aug. 12 — three months after the company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

According to Christmas Tree Shops’ website, the store will be discounting its already-low-cost merchandise and home decor by up to 80% in a going out of business sale.

Coupons and gift cards won’t be accepted during this promotion.

When the sale ends on Aug. 12, the New England-based chain will also be shuddering its remaining 72 stores for good.

Christmas Tree Shops filed for Chapter 11 in May, though it expected to emerge from insolvency by the end of August by closing down 10 low-performing stores across seven states and taking on a $45 million loan.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/04/bankrupt-christmas-tree-shops-announce-last-day-of-business/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Christmas Tree Shops announce last day of business after going bankrupt
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2023, 09:27:29 pm »
 ////00000////

One less place my wife can buy cheap imported Chi-com crap.

I don't think they had an online e-commerce presence and may have been bitten by import supply chain disruptions.  They did not adapt; they have become extinct.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
Re: Christmas Tree Shops announce last day of business after going bankrupt
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 05:50:40 am »
Never heard of them (they are apparently an "East coast thing", and I am on the West coast)...the wife would have probably liked the store...saved me some $$ by not having one nearby. (We do have a Hobby Lobby nearby).

They didn't/don't sell online...may be still around and selling online after the bankruptcy wraps at the end of August??

https://www.christmastreeshops.com