Author Topic: Biden Energy Secretary called Chinese official before US tapped oil reserves  (Read 403 times)

Offline Kamaji

Biden Energy Secretary called Chinese official before US tapped oil reserves

By Josh Christenson
August 4, 2023

Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm spoke with a senior Chinese energy official the same week that the US began tapping its Strategic Petroleum Reserve in November 2021 — later selling some oil to a Beijing-backed firm linked to first son Hunter Biden, newly uncovered documents show.

Granholm called China National Energy Administration Chairman Zhang Jianhua for a half-hour conversation on Nov. 21, government schedules obtained by the watchdog group Americans for Public Trust show.

Granholm’s calendar also shows an earlier phone call had been scheduled with Jianhua for Nov. 19. A rep for the former Michigan governor told The Post Friday that call never took place.

Two days after the Granholm-Zhang call, first reported by Fox News, President Biden announced the release of 50 million barrels of oil from the reserve in an effort to bring down gas prices — “the largest-ever” energy stockpile sale in US history.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/04/bidens-energy-secretary-called-china-before-us-tapped-oil-reserves/

Offline Kamaji

WTF?!?!?!?!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

... I better start learning Mandarin so I know what America's new overlords are saying.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
WTF?!?!?!?!
Not really news, they've been selling oil from our SPR to the Chinese (among others), the whole time they refuse to lease Federally Owned land and offshore blocks for oil exploration and production, even if that refusal is in violation of the law.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Remember, anything Biden does has to be better than anything Trump did, they preached to mindless fools over and over and over.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions