Author Topic: The Outrage Over the Outrage in Illinois  (Read 671 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Outrage Over the Outrage in Illinois
« on: August 04, 2023, 04:31:34 pm »
Are U.S. citizens bigoted for wanting to be policed only by other U.S. citizens?

By George Fishman on August 4, 2023

The Illinois House and Senate passed, and Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed into law, HB3751, legislation allowing non-citizens, including illegal alien beneficiaries of the Obama administration’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) quasi-amnesty, to be employed as police officers and deputy sheriffs in Illinois.

Where Is the Outrage? Everywhere!
My college Elizabeth Jacobs has examined whether the law actually does what it seems to have been designed to do. But regardless of that question, the new law has generated outrage over the fact that it intends to allow non-citizens to be employed as police officers and deputy sheriffs. For instance:

Illinois State Rep. Chris Miller bemoaned that allowing non-citizens to arrest and detain citizens is disgraceful, and completely erodes the foundation of our Republic”.
U.S. Rep. Mary Miller (R-Ill.) warned that the bill is “giving non-citizens the power to arrest citizens in our state. No sane state would allow foreign nationals to arrest their citizens, this is madness!”
Illinois State Sen. Chapin Rose dismissed the bill as “a fundamentally bad idea ... . [Non-citizens] should not be able to arrest a United States citizen on United States soil.”
Former Chicago mayoral candidate Willie Wilson proclaimed that it “defies common sense that non-citizens should be arresting and detaining legal citizens”.
This outrage generated counter-outrage. For instance, regarding Mary Miller:

“Mary Miller is a Nazi.” (Hamish1963)
“Had no idea who Mary Miller was until today and then looked her up. What sorry excuse for a human.” (PyrrhaFan)
“[Mary Miller] is a literal card carrying fascist.” (BroodFox)
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The Outrage Over the Outrage in Illinois
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 05:41:54 am »
How in the Hell did this ever get through the legislature? Much less be signed into law?

I will never again set foot in the State of Illinois.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 08:12:59 pm »
First:
Non-citizens becoming police officers with enforcement power over American citizens.

Next:
Foreign (UN?) troops filling positions in the American military due to a lack of enlistments...

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 09:02:31 pm »
Are U.S. citizens bigoted for wanting to be policed only by other U.S. citizens?

https://cis.org/Fishman/Outrage-Over-Outrage-Illinois

Some thoughtful stuff in the body of the above.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2023, 09:04:24 pm »
First:
Non-citizens becoming police officers with enforcement power over American citizens.

Next:
Foreign (UN?) troops filling positions in the American military due to a lack of enlistments...

UN troops; I have no doubts. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2023, 09:46:29 pm »
How in the Hell did this ever get through the legislature? Much less be signed into law?

I will never again set foot in the State of Illinois.

The Dems rule the legislature here...then the fat-ass signed it...

We also have no bail now too...all the PD's across the state are having fits..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2023, 02:29:12 am »
How many more police will be quitting and fleeing Illinois with families after this? How many more people and Businesses will be joining the exodus from the state in an effort to protect their and their families lives and property?

The latest Census Bureau data show that the Land of Lincoln is hemorrhaging people at an astonishing rate—and public policy is likely to blame. From July 2021 to July 2022, more than 142,000 people moved out of state than moved in.Feb 14, 2023

Pritzker and other democrats better stop whining about all the illegals, they will need them just to maintain their tax base the way they working to drive everyone but criminals from the state.