Author Topic: The heat behind the jump in gasoline prices  (Read 327 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The heat behind the jump in gasoline prices
« on: August 04, 2023, 01:50:37 pm »
The heat behind the jump in gasoline prices

After months of stability, prices at the pump have jumped as hot temperatures hit refineries — and could boost inflation.

By James Bikales and Ben Lefebvre

08/03/2023 12:23 PM EDT

Steady gas prices have been a success story for the White House, but they’re on the rise again as U.S. refineries bake under extreme heat and OPEC+ keeps a lid on output.

After six months of holding nearly steady, gasoline prices have suddenly lurched nearly 30 cents higher in the past month to an average $3.82 per gallon nationwide, according to AAA.

It’s a glaring example of how the heat that’s been baking much of the United States in recent weeks — and which scientists say is exacerbated by climate change — is threatening the economy with new inflationary pressures, as well as public health.

At least four fuel-making plants in Texas and Louisiana — the states that are home to half the nation’s refining capacity — have suffered outages at least in part due to heat in recent weeks, according to Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy. And even the refineries that are still churning away are likely producing less because petroleum expands in high temperatures, he said.

more
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/03/why-gas-prices-are-rising-again-00109619
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Re: The heat behind the jump in gasoline prices
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2023, 01:51:46 pm »
and which scientists say is exacerbated by climate change

:mauslaff:

That right there is all I need to know that this is most likely ideological propaganda.

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2023, 01:59:37 pm »
   I don't get around much, averaging less than $25/month in fuel purchases BUT IMHO if this continues this will hurt the dems in future elections.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2023, 02:27:05 pm »
... um, build more refineries in other parts of the US ... oh, wait, Biden won't allow that ... nevermind

////00000////

The key to walking uphill both ways in a blizzard, during a heat wave, is to put newspaper in your shoes and a hot potato in your pockets to keep warm.  That's what how they did it back when everything cost a nickel.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.