Author Topic: Trump calls on Supreme Court to ‘intercede’ in legal fights  (Read 2630 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump calls on Supreme Court to ‘intercede’ in legal fights
by Jared Gans - 08/04/23 8:58 AM ET

Former President Trump is calling on the Supreme Court to intercede in the legal battles he is facing after he pleaded not guilty federal to charges related to special counsel Jack Smith’s investigation of the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot and efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

Trump in a post on Truth Social on Friday repeated accusations that President Biden is pushing for the cases against him for political purposes. Trump also said the multiple cases against him will require “massive amounts” of time and money and force him to use resources on court battles that could have been used for advertisements and rallies.

“I am leading in all Polls, including against Crooked Joe, but this is not a level playing field. It is Election Interference, & the Supreme Court must intercede. MAGA!” Trump said.

Story developing

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4137407-trump-calls-on-supreme-court-to-intercede-in-legal-fights/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump calls on Supreme Court to ‘intercede’ in legal fights
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2023, 01:35:39 pm »
The SCOTUS looked the other way while Brandon was sworn in.  What makes Trump think that they are going to help him now?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2023, 01:49:13 pm »
The Court will step in if, when, and as the normal legal procedures bring his case before the Court.  The Supreme Court is not some free-ranging court of equity, with plenary power to right any wrongs it might come across on its own initiative.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2023, 02:19:33 pm »
Put everything else aside, and Trump does not have the skills to oppose the left in any meaningful way.  Either we find better representation, or the lawlessness will continue unabated. 

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2023, 02:20:07 pm »
Put everything else aside, and Trump does not have the skills to oppose the left in any meaningful way.  Either we find better representation, or the lawlessness will continue unabated. 

:thumbsup:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2023, 02:31:41 pm »
 ////00000////

... three of those Supreme Court Justices owe Trump, in his very stable genius mind.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2023, 02:49:17 pm »
What makes Trump think the U.S. Supreme Court would actually hear any of his cases?  It hears cases mostly on appeal, and certainly won't intervene with the lower federal district courts and especially the New York state/city court.  And it's not obligated to take any case. 

BTW, did the Kraken ever make it to SCOTUS?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2023, 02:53:03 pm »
////00000////

... three of those Supreme Court Justices owe Trump, in his very stable genius mind.

IMHO his 3 picks were lousy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2023, 02:57:58 pm »
IMHO his 3 picks were lousy.

I like Neil Gorsuch.  He's the most libertarian of the lot, even more so than Thomas.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2023, 03:49:42 pm »
The Court will step in if, when, and as the normal legal procedures bring his case before the Court.  The Supreme Court is not some free-ranging court of equity, with plenary power to right any wrongs it might come across on its own initiative.

Unless what he said was taken out of context, Trump still does not understand the basics of the constitution and what the three branches of government can or cannot do.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2023, 03:51:02 pm »
I like Neil Gorsuch.  He's the most libertarian of the lot, even more so than Thomas.

He will, I think, have a major hand in refashioning administrative law in the next few decades.

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2023, 04:13:02 pm »
Mark Levin is Donald Trump’s legal counsel now

by Paul Bedard, Washington Secrets Columnist 
August 04, 2023 10:52 AM
 | Updated Aug 04, 2023, 11:59 AM

In reaching out to the Supreme Court to shut down the legal “witch hunts” he is facing from his chief political opponent, former President Donald Trump is piggybacking off the latest recommendation to him made by conservative talk show giant and former Justice Department chief of staff Mark Levin.

Trump’s call on his Truth Social platform today read like Levin’s thread on X, formerly known as Twitter, from last night in which he posted, “I want to publicly encourage the Trump legal team to seek an emergency hearing before the U.S. Supreme Court, not to resolve legal disputes, but to at least temporarily halt the abomination of this legal warfare that is unfolding in front of us.”

He added, “This unprecedented legal warfare requires an unprecedented response by the only constitutional body left that can do something about it -- the Supreme Court.”

And after this story posted, Levin added another post about how Trump can get the Supreme Court to consider his appeal. In that one, he concluded: "Individual district court judges ought not decide for the nation how we shall now proceed, given what the Biden DOJ has foisted in the nation. This matter needs to get to SCOTUS."

On Truth Social, Trump posted this morning, “It is Election Interference, & the Supreme Court must intercede.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/mark-levin-is-donald-trumps-legal-counsel-now
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2023, 04:15:04 pm »
Mark Levin is Donald Trump’s legal counsel now

by Paul Bedard, Washington Secrets Columnist 
August 04, 2023 10:52 AM
 | Updated Aug 04, 2023, 11:59 AM

In reaching out to the Supreme Court to shut down the legal “witch hunts” he is facing from his chief political opponent, former President Donald Trump is piggybacking off the latest recommendation to him made by conservative talk show giant and former Justice Department chief of staff Mark Levin.

Trump’s call on his Truth Social platform today read like Levin’s thread on X, formerly known as Twitter, from last night in which he posted, “I want to publicly encourage the Trump legal team to seek an emergency hearing before the U.S. Supreme Court, not to resolve legal disputes, but to at least temporarily halt the abomination of this legal warfare that is unfolding in front of us.”

He added, “This unprecedented legal warfare requires an unprecedented response by the only constitutional body left that can do something about it -- the Supreme Court.”

And after this story posted, Levin added another post about how Trump can get the Supreme Court to consider his appeal. In that one, he concluded: "Individual district court judges ought not decide for the nation how we shall now proceed, given what the Biden DOJ has foisted in the nation. This matter needs to get to SCOTUS."

On Truth Social, Trump posted this morning, “It is Election Interference, & the Supreme Court must intercede.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/mark-levin-is-donald-trumps-legal-counsel-now

:facepalm2:

And now we're heading off to the land of farce and make-believe.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2023, 04:16:57 pm »

:facepalm2:

And now we're heading off to the land of farce and make-believe.

He's screwed basically.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2023, 05:38:59 pm »

Unless what he said was taken out of context, Trump still does not understand the basics of the constitution and what the three branches of government can or cannot do.

And even worse, he clearly doesn't even care to.  He just thinks he should be able to do what he thinks needs to be done because...he's Donald Trump.

That being said, if I were representing Trump, I'd be working hard to come up with some argument to get some of this up before an appellate court.  I never did any federal criminal law, so I can't say if that is even possible.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 05:46:35 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2023, 05:42:35 pm »
He's screwed basically.

If he sticks with this sort of "advice", yes.

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2023, 07:42:37 pm »
If he sticks with this sort of "advice", yes.

Levin's actually a decent Constitutional attorney and has actually argued before the Court several times on 1st Amendment cases, albeit years ago.  So he knows better than to spout this kind of pandering nonsense.  If he's not careful, he's going to get his law license yanked too.

Offline berdie

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2023, 08:49:05 pm »
Levin's actually a decent Constitutional attorney and has actually argued before the Court several times on 1st Amendment cases, albeit years ago.  So he knows better than to spout this kind of pandering nonsense.  If he's not careful, he's going to get his law license yanked too.

When I worked, my 2-3 hour commute home was spent listening to Levin. Despite his ranting, he was pretty informative.

I am curious as to what has happened. I don't listen to talk radio any more. My blood pressure thanks me. :laugh:

Online corbe

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2023, 09:10:43 pm »
   When I quit Rush because he drank the koolaid, I began to listen to Levin, then he flipped and I was stuck with Beck, who had his affirmation too late for anybody to give a damn.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2023, 12:41:22 pm »
The SCOTUS looked the other way while Brandon was sworn in.  What makes Trump think that they are going to help him now?

Why should the SCOTUS help him?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2023, 12:44:24 pm »

When I worked, my 2-3 hour commute home was spent listening to Levin. Despite his ranting, he was pretty informative.

I am curious as to what has happened. I don't listen to talk radio any more. My blood pressure thanks me. :laugh:

I see Levin on my Twitter feed for some reason. He has gone unhinged.

I don't listen to any talk radio shows like Levin (truth be told, I never did listen to Levin) anymore. My heart and blood pressure thanks me as well.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2023, 12:57:27 pm »
   When I quit Rush because he drank the koolaid, I began to listen to Levin, then he flipped and I was stuck with Beck, who had his affirmation too late for anybody to give a damn.

If you've got Sirius/XM I highly recommend Andrew Wilkow
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2023, 12:59:33 pm »

I see Levin on my Twitter feed for some reason. He has gone unhinged.

I don't listen to any talk radio shows like Levin (truth be told, I never did listen to Levin) anymore. My heart and blood pressure thanks me as well.

I think he's like the rest of us and is tired of seeing the two tiered legal system the left has established in this country.

IMO he sees what's happening to Trump as extreme actions that demand extreme responses.

Skipping the lower courts and heading directly to the SCOTUS to stop these show trials is kinda extreme.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2023, 03:40:20 pm »
SCOTUS can't intercede, that is not how the Court is set up to work. He should know this.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2023, 04:55:34 pm »
SCOTUS can't intercede, that is not how the Court is set up to work. He should know this.

People here, some of them, feel the USSC should just crown Trump emperor for life...