Author Topic: Adams heckled in surprise visit to Roosevelt Hotel as migrants are moved out  (Read 983 times)

Online Kamaji

Adams heckled in surprise visit to Roosevelt Hotel as migrants are moved out

By Jack Morphet, Bernadette Hogan and Isabel Keane
August 3, 2023

The hordes of migrants camped outside Manhattan’s historic Roosevelt Hotel were cleared Thursday — after Mayor Eric Adams was cursed out by fed-up New Yorkers during a surprise visit to the makeshift processing center.

Hizzoner arrived at the Midtown hotel, which has become the epicenter of the city’s spiraling migrant crisis, just before 10 p.m. Wednesday.

But he wasn’t just met by the dozens of slumbering asylum seekers sleeping shoulder-to-shoulder on the sidewalk.

A crowd of frustrated residents took the opportunity to confront the mayor, with video shared on social media showing them shouting obscenities and urging him to “do something.”

“Do something Eric Adams,” one person yells in the clip.

“How many family members have to wait for you to f–king do something?”

A source who was with Adams described the chaotic scene as “wild.”

“It was wild, there were protestors, people were shouting and screaming,” the source told The Post.

“He [Adams] was a little upset, he felt they needed a little more law and order over there.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/03/migrants-cleared-from-roosevelt-hotel-after-visit-by-mayor-adams/

Online mountaineer

Just move 'em over to the park.  They could call it Hooverville.  *****rollingeyes*****
Central Park among NYC areas considered to house migrants: ‘Everything is on the table'
The intake process to find migrants a shelter should take an average of 24 to 48 hours. However, in some cases, migrants have been sleeping on sidewalks, waiting for five to six days
By Melissa Russo   • Published August 2, 2023   • Updated on August 2, 2023 at 8:29 pm   

What to Know

*A large number of asylum-seekers have been outside of the city’s arrival intake center sleeping on the sidewalk as they wait to get assigned to a shelter for a bed to sleep in -- if there is one available
    *With an average of 300 to 500 people arriving by day, the city is taking new drastic steps, like giving unaccompanied migrants already under the city’s care a 60-day notice to find another roof over their heads
    *"As of July 30, we have 107,900 people in our care, including 56,600 asylum seekers. Over 95,600 people have come through our system since last spring," NYC Deputy Mayor Williams-Isom says

Hundreds of asylum seekers remain in place outside of the city's arrival intake center, where many have waited for days in wait of a place to sleep -- if there is one available.

Many of the migrants sleeping on the streets of midtown in front of the Roosevelt Hotel on East 45th Street and Madison Avenue, most of whom are single men, say their spot in line has not moved forward as New York City officials look at every possible option to house the new arrivals. ...
NBC New York
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"...after Mayor Eric Adams was cursed out by fed-up New Yorkers during a surprise visit to the makeshift processing center."

heh
Betcha every one of these "New Yorkers" votes for the DCommunist party come next election day...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Just move 'em over to the park.  They could call it Hooverville.  *****rollingeyes*****NBC New York

Hochulville, Adams subdivision.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji

Online mountaineer

A new twist:

Brian Robinson
@VoteBrian
Pakistan owns the Roosevelt Hotel, which was leased to NYC for $220M, to serve as an intake hub for 120k unvetted migrants. That’s a sweetheart of a deal for those who brag about lending military assistance to terrorists. Please forward concerns to east side Rep. @KeithPowersNYC
10:26 AM · Nov 1, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Just move 'em over to the park.  They could call it Hooverville.  *****rollingeyes*****NBC New York
How about Gracie Mansion and it's nice parklike grounds :whistle:

Online DefiantMassRINO

Use Citi Field.  The Mets are done playing for the season.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Adams is lucky that times are bad and food costs are so high, was a time that he would not only be heckled but pelted by tomatoes and other produce.