Author Topic: Road crew paints stripe over ‘pretty big’ dead raccoon on Memphis street  (Read 402 times)

Offline Kamaji

Road crew paints stripe over ‘pretty big’ dead raccoon on Memphis street

By Patrick Reilly
August 4, 2023

This raccoon got a new stripe — postmortem.

A city road crew in Memphis apparently painted a line right over a dead raccoon that was lying in the street, according to a report.

Richie EsQuivel told WREG he had to do a double-take when he saw the roadkill covered with a fresh line of white paint on the shoulder on Getwell Road.

He got out of the car and took a picture of the strange sight.

“The animal was maybe there for a few days by the looks of it. It’s pretty big and hard to miss,” EsQuivel told the outlet.

A spokesperson for the city said that crews will remove the dead critter on Friday morning.

“It’s funny how much attention the picture is getting,” said EsQuivel.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/04/road-crew-paints-stripe-over-dead-raccoon-on-memphis-street/

Offline Kamaji

Sort of epitomizes the union-based "not in my job description" illness.

Online andy58-in-nh

Sort of epitomizes the union-based "not in my job description" illness.

"Talk to my shop steward."

Who will then file a grievance, because the contract says that roadside animal cleanup is outside the scope of the collective bargaining agreement.     

The city will pay a crew from the appropriate union to collect the carcass - probably on overtime.

And the line will not be repainted until the next scheduled road maintenance project.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

"Talk to my shop steward."

Who will then file a grievance, because the contract says that roadside animal cleanup is outside the scope of the collective bargaining agreement.     

The city will pay a crew from the appropriate union to collect the carcass - probably on overtime.

And the line will not be repainted until the next scheduled road maintenance project.

Bingo!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

In the union, in the union!
The Republic is lost.