Author Topic: Wyoming tennis president resigns in protest over transgender player  (Read 766 times)

Offline Kamaji

Wyoming tennis president resigns in protest over transgender player

By Richard Pollina
August 4, 2023

The president of a Wyoming tennis association stepped down from her role when a transgender female was permitted to enter a tournament, claiming that a “man playing against a woman is very unfair” and against her “integrity.”

Jackie Fulkrod, the former president of the Cheyenne Tennis Association board, took issue with collegiate player Brooklyn Ross’s involvement in the Wyoming Governor’s Cup, according to Cowboy State Daily.

“I feel like having a transgender athlete compete in the women’s draw is against my personal integrity and what I believe and value,” Fulkrod told the outlet.

Fulkrod — whose mother also resigned from the board over Ross’ participation — had served on the Cheyenne Tennis Association board for two years before her resignation.

“My decision to resign was solely based on the fact that we didn’t have any way to protect our organization or protect our female athletes that are going to be playing in the tournament,” Fulkrod told the outlet.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/04/wyoming-tennis-association-board-president-jackie-fulkrod-resigns-in-protest-over-transgender-player-brooklyn-ross/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Wyoming tennis president resigns in protest over transgender player
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2023, 11:07:13 am »
Good for her!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 12:29:19 am »
It'll happen sooner or later....one of these things will be on an American Olympic team. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.
Too bad a whole squad of "transwomen" didn't take over the women's world cup team. I wonder how Megan Rappingho would think about that when she lost her job because a male took it?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 12:51:32 am »
Good for her!
Now they need to start a new organization that doesn't allow that crap.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2023, 01:05:42 am »
It would be nice if the other female players would also stand up and boycott the tournament. Then there would be some actual change.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2023, 11:45:20 am »
It would be nice if the other female players would also stand up and boycott the tournament. Then there would be some actual change.

That would be nice, but won't happen.  Get any group of women together and they can't even agree on where to go to dinner.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2023, 12:43:02 am »
That would be nice, but won't happen.  Get any group of women together and they can't even agree on where to go to dinner.
Unfortunately, too many young women today swallow the liberal/leftist line completely not understanding how it harms women in general.
There are polls taken, and they show more men opposed to "transwomen" competing in female sports competitions than women.
As you might expect far more Republicans/conservatives oppose "transwomen" competing in female competition than Democrats/liberals.
Close to 90% of Reps/cons oppose "transwomen" competing in female sports competitions where among Dems/libs it's closer to 50%.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2023, 03:17:53 am »
Every women tennis player should refuse to play, then the mentally ill person could stand on the court playing with himself.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2023, 01:23:03 pm »
Every women tennis player should refuse to play, then the mentally ill person could stand on the court playing with himself.

:thumbsup: