Author Topic: Drought-stricken Mexico is turning to a controversial technology to make it rain  (Read 772 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Drought-stricken Mexico is turning to a controversial technology to make it rain
Story by By Laura Paddison, CNN •
2d

As an extreme drought grips Mexico, leading to crop losses, a lack of water and higher food prices, the government is trying to bring desperately-needed rain by turning to a controversial technology: cloud seeding.

In July, the country kicked off the latest phase of a cloud seeding project that aims to artificially stimulate rainfall. It is targeting 62 municipalities clustered in its north and northeast, with the aim of “combating the effects of drought and contributing to the recharge of aquifers,” according to a statement from the Ministry of Agriculture.

Cloud seeding is a technology first discovered in the 1940s. Since then, it has been used in around 50 countries, including in the United States and China. Mexico has been experimenting with weather modification for more than seven decades.

However, some scientists remain very cautious about the effectiveness of cloud seeding and warn that it is not a solution to drought.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/drought-stricken-mexico-is-turning-to-a-controversial-technology-to-make-it-rain/ar-AA1eG6Za?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3d9ce4b3614849c48c30d87416a5bad1&ei=64
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Oh when they said controversial tech I figured they were going to return the old ways

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Too bad there isn't a Volcano in Mexico....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.