Author Topic: US soldiers seen liberating thousands of Jews from Nazi train: Found video  (Read 574 times)

Offline Kamaji

US soldiers seen liberating thousands of Jews from Nazi train: Found video

By Ben Cost
August 3, 2023

A New York history educator restored a lost piece of history after unearthing harrowing footage that depicts US soldiers freeing Jewish people from a train bound for a Nazi death camp.

After the colorized clip was posted to YouTube, several Holocaust survivors came forward, claiming to recognize themselves and their family members in the video.

“I don’t want to say I am gratified or vindicated, because even without this footage, this is an incredible story,” said Matthew Rozell, a Holocaust researcher and decorated former history professor who had found the clip in the US National Archives, the Times Of Israel reported.

Dubbed “Miracle at Farsleben,” the rescue operation occurred on April 13, 1945, while a Nazi train was ferrying 2,500 Jewish prisoners from Bergen-Belsen concentration camp — where iconic Jewish refugee Anne Franke died just weeks earlier — to Theresienstadt.

The locomotive was reportedly forced to stop near the town of Farsleben as Allied forces were bombing the area.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/03/us-soldiers-seen-liberating-thousands-of-jews-from-nazi-train-found-video/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I was just watching this at the Post.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34