Author Topic: Arrests of noncitizens with criminal convictions at border at record highs  (Read 171 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Arrests of noncitizens with criminal convictions at border at record highs
Since January 2021, over 8 million illegal border crossers have entered the U.S.

By The Center Square Staff
By Bethany Blankley
Updated: August 2, 2023 - 11:00pm

If the current trajectory continues, U.S. Customs and Border Protection Office of Field Operations agents are on track this fiscal year to arrest the greatest number of illegal foreign nationals with criminal convictions in recorded history.

By contrast, Border Patrol apprehensions of gang members and weapons seizures are down significantly, and a former border chief tells The Center Square those numbers have dropped because far fewer agents are in the field – between ports of entries – to make such seizures and apprehensions.

The majority of people with criminal convictions who are being apprehended and arrested are being caught at ports of entry, according to CBP enforcement data, where OFO agents work. Fiscal year to date, OFO agents encountered more than 15,000 people with criminal convictions, up from roughly 6,500 in fiscal 2021. In fiscal 2022, they apprehended nearly 17,000.

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/arrests-noncitizens-criminal-convictions-border-record-highs
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson